The Slips Around Tooth

The first time Tooth had noticed Jack's odd mannerisms was when he had come by to visit and chat for a bit. Tooth had only been bugging Jack about his teeth for only five minutes, but he had already had a bad day before he came to visit her. His snow had been melted too soon by some spring spirits, and when he went to confront them, the the head of spring herself  came just to lash at him, even though she knew it was to early. Bunny had picked a fight with him again, just for a little flurry he had sent to Australia, and how that would affect his egg hunt, witch was two weeks away. So Jack was at his limits.
   "Jack, are you sure I cant-"
   "No, back up. I've had a rough day and just need a little space for my sanity, Tooth!" Jack shouted as he started tugging at his sleeves and the edge of his sweatshirt. He looked almost uncomfortable in the blue clothing.
   Tooth, a bit taken aback by his sudden behavior, backed up. She took note the way Jack was fiddling with his sweatshirt and was curious, why would his clothes be uncomfortable? Especially if that's what he's been in for the entire time they've known him? Before Tooth could voice her questions, Jack flew off. Snapping out of her stupor, she lunged forward in an attempt to call Jack back, but her fairies called out and she was once again sucked into her work.

   The second time she noticed she had gone out on a tooth collecting run, just for the sake of old times. The fact she figured she would  have a chance to talk with Sandy about Jack's outburst a few weeks ago was also there, but she felt guilty over not talking to the others unless something was needed. She had been flying past a house when she faintly heard someone yelling and decided to take a look. Tooth saw Jack freezing a bunch of trees and ranting, but what caught her attention was the way he was speaking.
   "Why has God forsakenith thy! Thy just wanted the frigging rabbit to shutith thou's mouth! That frigging innovative rabbit is such a-!"
   Tooth was willing to bet money that he would have continued with some very vulgar words if he hadn't noticed her. Clearly surprised by her appearance, Jack sucked in a quick breath as he wipped around to face her.
   "Hey Tooth, sorry for having to hear that." Jack said, looking rather guilty as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Watcha' need?"
   Tooth shook herself out and replied, "Nothing, just wondered what  you were doing. I was passing by and saw you, and you don't need to apologize." Her voice got notably softer towards the end. She was always a sap for kids, and though Jack was older than most of the believers, her was young to the spirit world. Quietly, she noticed that he seemed to force the words out as he spoke, as if needing to think before he said anything.
   "Alright, I guess I'll see you later then."
   Tooth nodded at his dismissal, not wanting to push, and went off to finish with her fairy's. Once again she stowed away the encounter in the back of her mind to bring up later, being reminded of the other outburst.

   Tooth had finally gotten Jack alone to ask about his odd way of speaking that day, and the figiting with his sweatshirt. But when she asked him after their guardian meeting, he seemed confused. That was until she mentioned how the speaking mannerisms came from the 18th century and he was from the 20th century. Then he busted out laughing.
   "You thought I was from the 20th century?" Was what he could get out between laughs and gasps for breath. "Oh my god, that's hilarious." He responded when he finally got he laughing under control.
    Tooth was extremely confused as to what was going on, but her train of though was derailed as Jack left.
   Jack, not realizing that the others though he was so young, thought that the encounter was a prank or joke of some sort and brushed it off.
   As he  walked away he left a stunned and very confused toothfairy to figure out what just happened. She would never admit it after they learned his secret, but she thought she heard Jack mumble something about the 1700s and then sigh sadly as he walked away, but she wasn't sure.