23b (Jason's POV)

DISCLAIMER! The reads and comments don't match the rest of the book because Wattpad previously removed this chapter. Please vote and comment to help!

-but I can't save you from you.

My jaw ticked, I didn't want to be there; there were countless places that I would've preferred to be. I took comfort in the fact that we'd be able to leave quickly and painlessly if we did what we were supposed to do. The current situation was worse than any other that Jaheim had ever been involved in; as law abiding citizens, my brothers and I had no place there but Santiago would've killed him without a second thought if we didn't show up.

The guys and I flew to Miami bright and early and took a private jet from there to the Dominican Republic under aliases; it wasn't our first rodeo and we didn't want to leave a trail for anyone to connect us to a drug lord, I scowled at the thought of what we were about to do. Kev, D and I each owned several businesses on top of the ones that we owned together which meant that there were a lot of people who counted on us and one wrong move could throw all of our hard work away and leave all those people with nothing; but yet again, we were risking it all for Jaheim.

Jaheim was not only dumb but he was sloppy, and because of his stupidity I had to leave the comfort of my girl's bed and go to a place that I hated. I couldn't lie and say that the call didn't shake me to my core; hearing from your old drug plug after five years wasn't something you expected or wanted to happen, especially when said drug plug was a certified psychopath who once killed a man for stepping on his shoe. My heart raced as I tried not to imagine the worst for my little brother, but not even we could stop Santiago if he really wanted to cause harm to Jaheim.

"I should kill him." D sighed as he paced the parking lot, we had a meeting set up with Santiago because Jaheim tried to steal from him, he held off because of his history with us and made the call to me instead of killing our irresponsible little brother. The three of us would occasionally do favors for Santiago; it paid well, not to mention he was not a man that one could say no to.

"Nah look, we'll get him back to New York but after that it's dead." Kev was pissed off to say the least; we said that we would be done with him after we got him out of jail but it was clear that none of us had the capacity to abandon our younger brother, even if his actions were putting our lives in jeopardy.

"Why would that lil nigga come here and try to steal from the person who controls everything in this country? Even if he got back to New York he would've been killed in no time." I shook my head in disbelief, he was skirting by on the respect that certain people still held for the three of us, but it was running out.

Jah never understood that we had a lot more enemies in the game than friends and he needed to be taught a lesson. We were about to pay off a drug lord with our hard-earned money for him and there was a good chance that he would go out and do something else to have us in another fucked up situation. I considered it lucky that the only thing Santiago loved more than killing people was money and we were giving him a lot of it in exchange for Jaheim.

Kev checked his watch and it was time to leave; wordlessly we each picked up a duffel bag which contained said money and made our way to the location. "I love Jah but I refuse to go out on a limb for him again after this. He just ran out of get outta jail free cards."

D and I nodded in agreement, shortly after we pulled up to the location; guards were surrounding the building carrying guns; typical. We got searched for weapons and then were led into a dimly lit room, Jaheim was seated with his hands cuffed, he was slouched over, and no doubt covered in bruises. Santiago was standing over him rattling off orders in Spanish to the guards who were standing in a corner; he was telling them to leave us.