38: Aeiou VS Needles

When Aeiou opened his eyes, the first thing that caught his attention was the IV drip connected to his hand. "What. The. Fuck..."

Aeiou sat himself up with his eyes fixed on the transparent tube and white tape. "Please be a dream, please be a dream." He closed his eyes, bit his gums, and opened his eyes again. The IV drip was still there.

"Ah! Fuck! Get this out! Get this out!"

Five years ago, when Aeiou was thirteen years old, he decided to get circumcised.

It was a cultural thing in their place for boys to undergo circumcision once he turn thirteen. Everyone knew that when cultures are not met, there was consequences. Those who would not get circumcised before they go to high school were called 'supot'. Supot was a term used to call kids who refused to get circumcised because they were scared of the operation. This word is tantamount to the word coward and used to bully young fearful kids. By this, one could say that circumcision is a test of courage.

Given Aeiou's personality, he was the last to back down. He barged in to a nearby public center alone, and with a loud and proud expression he spoke to the nurse , "Miss! My dad told me to go here and get my circumcision!" 

Pulling his shorts down, Aeiou laid his back on a green bed. The doctor came in with a  smile on his face but when the doctor pulled out a needle and flicked it thrice while gazing at the three inches long needle, Aeiou quickly pulled his shorts up and hurriedly ran outside. 

Again, boys who didn't get their thing circumcised before they go to high school would get bullied. Aeiou knew this, but Aeiou couldn't bring his legs back to the clinic. He stopped on a nearby shed, far enough that the nurse couldn't chase him anymore. He sat on the bench and held his chest as he take deep long breaths. His legs were shaking from thigh to foot, and his eyes were wet from sweat and tears. There was no way he could comeback and get circumcised at all.

But Aeiou would be bullied if he didn't get his foreskin trimmed. 

In the end, Aeiou walked back home walking awkwardly. Holding the garter of his shorts way from his waist, Aeiou walked like a crab. He parted his legs widely on every steps while smiling brightly. 

When he made it past his friend's house, a small voice echoed behind him. "Wow! Aeiou! You're circumcised now?! Does it hurt?"

Aeiou gulped. When he looked over his shoulder, he was smiling proudly and said, "Tsk! Piece of cake!" 

"Wow... Mom! I'll get circumcised tomorrow too!"

"Yeah! Go for it!"

Obviously, Aeiou didn't go back to the center. He was just pretending that he got circumcised. And he played it like that for a week.

One time, Aeiou was taking a bath and Philip knocked on the bathroom door. "How's the stitches son? Has it come off?" Philip then offered to teach Aeiou on how to clean the wound. But Aeiou has to open the door so Philip could see. 

 Aeiou was hesitant to open the door of the bathroom. He didn't want his father to discover. There was no way it would haooen,

"I'm done cleaning Tay! And the stitches they... had come out pretty great." 

Hearing that, Philip squinted. "Your stiches is not supposed to come off after two weeks son. Did you pull them out?" 

"Maybe mine is dissolvable and quick to dissolve."

"Okay." Philip didn't forced his way into the bathroom.

Aeiou heaved a sigh when steps faded into the distance. After Aeiou went out the bathroom with a towel on, he was still walking a like a crab. When he turned to the kitchen, Philip was sitting on their chair near the dining table wearing jeans and blue shirt.