9.

Thank you sm for 300 reads! I have no clue what I'm doing with this chapter so it's kinda just a short filler but I do have plans for the next one so bare with me :)

✄ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm not good with kids. Never was, never have been. So when Denki asked if I could teach Eri how to braid I immediately asked:

"Does she bite?"

Denki threw his arm around my shoulder and gave me a confused look, "Why would she bite?"

"I don't know. Don't kids just bite and complain?" I asked, "They always have sticky fingers too. Pisses me off."

He laughed playfully, "Did you bite as a kid?"

"Only when needed. Midoriya was a coward in middle school, I needed to protect him even if it meant I had to go the extra mile."

"That's odd."

"I'm being honest."

"Honesty doesn't make it any less odd." He smiled.

Earlier, Denki stayed until I finished my shift so we could walk to the park together. I had to work a little overtime because Mina took the day off to spend time with Midoriya's friends.

Considering how extroverted she was, she was probably getting along with them well. The night we met she had no problem speaking to me as if we'd been friends for 15 years.

She seemed to have a way of making everyone around her feel comfortable and I envied her for it.

"You feeling okay Emery? You were staring off into space." Denki asked, squishing my cheeks and lifting my face.

"Yeah, I'm fine Kaminari," I uttered, brushing his hand off.

"We're going by first names now?"

I looked up at him, "Am I not supposed to?"

"No, you can." He stated, "I just think it's unfair that you call me Kaminari and I only call you Emery."

"Then give me a nickname," I let out. He paused for a moment, then started naming names off the top of his head.

"Em?" He asked.

"Midoriya uses that."

"Emerald?"

"Midoriya uses that too."

"Emerson?"

"Ew no."

"Do you have any childhood nicknames?"

"My dad hates me and my moms dead. So no."

He paused again, "What's your last name?"

"Leonhart," I answered.

He was about to repeat it but I stopped him.

"If you ever call me that I'll slit your throat."

We spent the rest of our walk trying to find a nickname. Most of them were stupid and it got to the point where we just started using random words that started with E.

As we approached the park Denki hesitantly took his arm off my shoulder and I could see Mina and Midoriya eagerly talking about something.

The little bitch was trying to steal my friends.

We reached the park and Midoriya gave me a small smile. I didn't acknowledge him and sat next to Mina.

"Sorry I felt you earlier." She spoke.