Chapter 79: I'll Kill Him

Epona yawned as she strolled through the hallways, greeting most people she passed. She had completely forgotten that she was a Prefect. Her green eyes shimmered. 'Which means I get to use the Prefects bathroom!' She pumped her fist in the air excitedly at herself, then laughed. There was a new tactic she had started trying. Now, instead of adding to the scars covering her arms, she decided it would be best to crush all her emotions down into a little ball and ignore them. Nothing could go wrong about that.

She hummed, a pep in her step until her eyes wandered upon her friend group. It was August, Cassia and Draco, with August standing against the wall and the other two in front of him. Epona tilted her head a bit, not seeing August's face clearly. As she approached, she noticed something. Tears were streaming down his face, and his hair was a mess. She gasped and ran towards them.

"Auggie!" She yelled, and the three turned to face her.

His head turned, and he sobbed, "Effie..."

Her arms wrapped around him in a tight hug, "What's happened?"

"Tyler...H-He cheated on me!" He choked out, barely able to form a sentence without pauses for his shaking and sobbing, "A-And now he...And now he' o-outed me to the, the whole school..."

Epona stiffened, and her face twisted in anger. She screamed, "I'M GOING TO KILL THAT BASTARD!"

Draco quickly grabbed her hand, putting one arm against her chest as well to keep her from running to kill August's ex-boyfriend. Cassia put a hand on her friend.

"I would suggest we skip but knowing Umbitch she'd probably punish us with some stupid shit." Cassia sighed.

"Do it." Draco said, and the three looked at him, "I'll cover for you guys."

They all grinned, and August hugged Draco. The blonde froze in place, his face quickly turned confused and uncomfortable, but in a good way -if that's possible-. He wasn't hugged by anyone except for Epona. His shirt was wet from tears, and he made a face, but didn't stop the brunet from hugging him. Draco patted his back before turning his head away.

He grumbled, "Okay, okay. Now get off me before someone sees."

Epona grinned, looping her arm in Draco's and August, and Cassia looped her arm in Augusts, "You're coming with us. Let's go to Hogsmeade."

Draco shook his head smirking, "Darling, as much as I would love it for you to support your friend, I'm not letting you get out of Potions. We can join them later."

"Aww! Why?" She whined, making puppy dog eyes at him.

He leaned in closer, "Because you're grade dropped to a P."

She laughed nervously, then sighed. She looked at August, hugging him one more time, "We'll be there soon. I'll make sure to kill Tyler if I see him."

August sniffled, "Oh, if you guys see Luca, please tell him that I'm alright. He gets worried if he doesn't see me in the dining hall."

Epona smiled, giving him a double thumbs up, "You got it!"

As they walked away, Draco looked at his girlfriend with an eyebrow raised, "I thought you said you've been studying, Epona."

Her smile turned a bit nervous. She kept lying to him about what she was doing and it was making her feel bad. Was he catching on? Well, she can still tell the truth, "Studying without you is no fun. I just can't seem to have the information stay in my head."

"Darling." He turned to her as they stood next to the door to enter Potions class. Sighing a bit, he leaned in a whispered in her ear, "I want you to stay at Hogsmeade with August and Cassie tonight. Do not leave until I text you. Okay?"