Prologue

I was happy. Me and my boyfriend were about to hit our third years soon. Me and my siblings get along great. Parents are a different situation but I know they care about me in the end.

"I'm getting late, I'm going." I worked part time at a coffee shop in the centre where all the fun is.

People love getting their coffee's from here. It was one of the most successful coffee shops in the area.

My parents aren't considered poor but we wouldn't go ahead of our selves to be called rich either.

I begged my mom to let me work. She never wanted to me since she thought I would be growing up too fast.

Once she finally agreed I practically got the job at the shop immediately. I got so excited, I felt like I could finally fend for myself.

Me and my father weren't exactly close. He was the 'I only want a son' type of guy. He wouldn't speak to me unless he wanted something from me.

His drinking problems have gotten worse by the weeks. One night I heard him yelling and throwing things from across the house.

My siblings ran into my room. We were all afraid. We'd always looked up to our father as a man we could trust, but the moment we saw the subtle bruise on her cheek. I knew my father was not a good man. 

But she wants to better him, so every time he messes up, she forgives him. I want to tell her to stop, but we don't talk much either. She's always preferred Katie over me, but I don't mind.

But today is a new day, no need to dwell on past events. She's fine, I'm fine, we're all fine.

We had a total of 2 cars. One was only for my fathers to use, and then there was another that anyone else could use.

Katie was the youngest and Rufus was the oldest. So only me, Rufus and mom could drive it technically.

I got in the car and drove off to King's Hot Coffee. I always laugh at the name. I think it's supposed to have some sort of special meaning behind it but it still make me laugh.

I pulled into the parking lot of café and parked at my usual spot. The breezy wind hit my face as I walked towards the entrance of the place.

I walked in and my boss Jeremy came up to me with his million dollar smile.

"Good morning boss."

"How are you feeling baby?" Did I mention he was my boyfriend?

"Better." Yesterday I thought I had cold since everything I ate kept coming out. Turns out it was just a bad stomach. But I'm good now. 

"Alright then, off you go. If I'm feeling nice, I might let you have extra time for your break." He smirked and leaned in to kiss me. I gave him a quick peck a pulled away. He handed me my work apron which was just a normal black one with white cursive writing saying King's Hot Coffee.

I quickly put it on and went behind the counter. I hated making the drinks so I worked as a cashier. People make some weird request and I don't want to have to deal with that. 

I put a smile on my face and began taking orders from the nice costumers that would come in ever so often.

When I first started working here, me and Jeremy became good friends at first. Then he asked me out, and we've been together even since. We'll be together for 3 years in a couple of weeks. We do something special for each other, every time. 

"Excuse me?" A deep voice in front of me pulled me out of my daze. I looked up at the voice and shifted in my place.

A man dressed in a black suit shirt and black slacks stood in front of me with his hands in his pockets. Through his pockets, I could see the tattoo's piercing through his skin and headed into his shirt sleeves.