[05] I DON'T LIKE RUMORS

· ────────── ·

· ────────── ·

"DO YOU LIKE Saiki, [L/N]?"

Teruhashi's words resonated in [Y/N]'s ears over and over. She couldn't believe what her friend was saying. Why would she like Saiki Kusuo? He didn't even consider her his friend yet!

"Teruhashi, I don't like Saiki," she answered, frowning in a confused way. "At least not romantically, just as a friend."

Kokomi glanced at her, inspecting her eyes. She didn't believe her. Who wouldn't like him? Saiki Kusuo was immaculate, lovely, and he had never gasped because of her beauty. He was her ideal type, I guess.

Needless is to say that Teruhashi wasn't mad because [Y/N] "lied" to her. She was jealous of her supposed relationship with Saiki. She believed they were a couple and that [Y/N] was trying to hide it from her.

We know it's all bullshit, of course. Kokomi's imagination could be as weird as Kaidou's sometimes.

"I thought we were friends, [L/N]," the blue-haired girl said, looking away. "Yet you choose to lie to me."

The tension in the air was evident. People stared at them, questioning what they were discussing. Until someone shouted something about [Y/N] lying to Teruhashi. All of them seemed confused, but no one dared to talk —or even breathe —, so they could keep listening.

"I don't understand," [Y/N] stated, moving her head from side to side, frantically. "We are friends! We spent Christmas together, we told each other's secrets... If I liked Saiki, I would tell you. I swear!"

Teruhashi looked back at [Y/N], narrowing her eyes. She licked her lips and opened her mouth to speak but then closed it again. Her usual Fanclub was around them, watching the entire scene. Whispers talked badly about [Y/N]. They believed she was bothering their loved girl.

This is absurd, [L/N]. She is not worth it.

"You are not my friend anymore," Teruhashi's face had no expression. Her eyes pierced [Y/N]... If only looks could kill, she would be thirty feet down. "Friends trust and don't lie to one another, and you just broke both conditions. You betrayed me."

I didn't know friendships had a contract.

"But Teruhashi I–"

"Goodbye, [L/N]," she said, interrupting her. "I hope you can trust your friends in the future."

And just like that, the perfect pretty girl, followed by the people around them, left [Y/N] with tears in her eyes and a confused mind, all alone —like she used to be before.

Our crying girl rushed to the bathroom, a few eyes heeding her and muttering about the ex-friendship news. When it was about Teruhashi, stories spread like wildfire, so now half of the school had found out in about two minutes.