Chapter 6: A Thousand Gold.

Kein's POV

It's been weeks after that and I got myself three new paintings to sell. I smiled as I waited for the canvases to dry out.

"Yeah, this is nice," I told myself as I wondered if I should buy some more canvases later. I sat outside on a bench outside the garden alone as the wind blew cold air, my body relaxing.

Oh right. Remember that old man Baron Hills? I might pay him a visit to sell all these three.

These three have been medium works but it could still be worth a lot. I've poured my heart and soul into making them.

I've painted a river, a lake, and Baron Hill's portrait.

I came prepared this time. Surely the old man would be surprised and would want the last painting more, after all, it's him standing so regal and bold.

I don't do this for anyone. I might even give it as thanks to him. I'm so lucky I got a noble to buy the paintings for me. Maybe I can even earn some commissions if he spreads the word to his friends about it.

Right, but where does he even live?

I took out the card from when we met and read it, "Baron Edmund Hills. Lindeshire, Monrolls street, Hills Estate, Lane 4."

I'm still not familiar with the area around here but this week is perfect! Aunt Harem would be busy with some tea party in another noble's house so I could sneak out and no one would bother to look for me!

The maids usually ignore me anyways, just like the other servants.

"Time to get busy then."

.-.-.-.-.-.

The weekday came and I was back in the city after some hour of walking on my own.

The stalls were busy as ever and the pretty lady who gave me the free fruit recognized me and waved me over.

"Oh, the little charmer! What are you in for today?" (The pretty lady) asked as she organized some baskets for her shop. Not going to lie, the designs of her basket are really pretty.

"I'm um... I'm looking for this place." I told her and gave her the card.

Well, she seems nice enough and maybe she would know how to get there? Her eyes widened in surprise, "T-This is- Are you acquainted with the Baron?"

I nod surprised that the locals know about Baron Hills, "I sold him my paintings. I'm actually going there to maybe sell my other new ones." I told her as pointed at the other canvases behind my back.

She smiles, "For a Baron to take interest in such you might be quite talented! All I know is you have to rent a carriage ride there. Not too far from here, you can see some carriage parked out there seeking customers. For the Baron's place might be a long way so I'm guessing it'll take about 1 gold coin for the travel fee." (Pretty Lady) said as she handed me back the card.

I took it happily and bowed, "Thank you again, pretty lady!"

The pretty lady blushes and covers her mouth. "It's nothing really, and please call me Veronica."