See Through You

THIRD PERSON POV

Ranboo and y/n sat down on a wooden bench positioned somewhere throughout the miscellaneous land of the SMP territory. They breathed a sigh of exhaustion together.

"Did you find it?" Y/N asked Ranboo.

"No. You?" Ranboo responded.

"Nothing." Y/N answered. She stared down at her boots and the grass-covered earth below her.

"This is absolutely hopeless." Ranboo said. "We've been searching for hours. We've checked everywhere that I could have possibly put it."

"Don't give up hope, Ranboo." Y/N said. "It can't just 'disappear'. I'm sure it will turn up."

"Yea, maybe." Ranboo said. He studied Y/N for a moment, and the two locked eyes for a long few seconds. "Are you sure you have no idea where it could be?"

Y/N turned away, looking off into the distance at the many houses and structures beyond the hillside the pair sat on top of. She didn't tell Ranboo about the small journal she had seen Dream carrying around earlier today. She didn't know why, but she thought if it was the same book, Dream would have his reasons. Ironic as it was, Y/N trusted Dream more than Ranboo, even if that trust was smaller than that of an atom.

She told herself that it couldn't be the same. That there were thousands of books out there, what were the odds that Dream had stolen Ranboo's. Dream didn't discuss much with Y/N, but he never even acknowledged Ranboo's existence. Couldn't be the same book. Right?

What would Dream want with a bunch of memories anyways?

"Y/N?" Ranboo asked, snapping y/n out of her train of thought.

Y/N jumped a little, and brushed the hair out of her face.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about, well, everything." Y/N responded. "But yes, I am sure I have no clue where your memory book could be Ranboo."

Ranboo stared at Y/N for several more moments. He could see through the fake smile y/n had plastered on her face. It never reached her eyes. When he told a joke, she'd laugh, but there was pain buried in her seemingly joyful emotions. He never said anything. Never asked. I mean, they had just met today, and a few weeks ago, he had tried to kill her brother. He wasn't the person she'd want to confide in right now.

At least as far as he knew.

But there was something else besides pain and secrets hiding behind her eyes. She knew something. Something he didn't.

Ranboo hummed quietly to himself.

Y/N looked back up to meet his confuddled look. His head was cocked to one side, his eyes still studying her own.

"What is it?" Y/N asked. She could tell that whatever she said to Ranboo, he could see right through. There was something about him that she couldn't figure out. And now he was looking at her like she was some sort of alien. "What? Ranboo what's wrong?"

Ranboo shook his head.

"No. Nothing's wrong. I just thought that-" Ranboo cut himself off. "You know what, nevermind. It's nothing."

________________________________
TOMMY'S POV

"So you promise that we are just going to L'Manberg to threaten the government?" I asked for about the fifth time today, trying to appear stern and serious in the audience of this- this anarchist.

Technoblade threw books from the shelves around, and I had to dodge an occasional few. He shoved random supplies in his bag. He swiftly moved around the house in a frantic search for different tools.