Chapter 23

Xia Liang saw that he didn't say a word and asked, "You and that Yu Luotong, what is the matter with the two of you? I heard that person said that you took care of Yu Luotong. Is there such a thing?"

"How could it be possible?" 

Xia Lin couldn't laugh or cry, "He is a classmate of mine. I heard that he works over there. I was curious to join in the fun but I saw him being held hostage. I just bludgeoned him casually to save him. Brother, you actually believed it. "

Xia Liang actually felt a little absurd in his heart and instinctively believed that his brother was not such a person. Now that he denied it personally, he was relieved. 

But Xia Liang still can't help but exhort two sentences: "In the future, spend less time with classmates who work in that kind of place. At first glance, they are not serious children."

Xia Lin was silent and Xia Liang didn't understand Yu Luotong's background. From an objective point of view, he would naturally not have a good impression.

But he doesn't intend to explain too much because in the adult world, the more explained, the more troublesome some things are. 

At this time, a crack in the door of the ward opened, revealing Song Yan's small head.

Song Yan seemed to have been waiting outside for a long time. Hearing Xia Lin's voice, he leaned in and looked at Xia Liang and asked pitifully, "Brother Liang, can I come in to see Xia Lin?"

Xia Liang presumably didn't show Song Yan a good face before. Seeing him asking like that, he didn't say it was good or bad and he pushed the door straight out. 

Song Yan seemed to be very afraid of Xia Liang. 

When Xia Liang left, he closed the door and ran to Xia Lin then asked urgently: "Xia Lin, how are you doing? Does the wound hurt?"

Xia Lin said: "It must hurt." 

His tone is very calm but with his pale face and weak voice, it looks very pitiful to Song Yan.

Song Yan's breathing was stagnant and there was a strange touch across the apex of his heart, but the strange feeling quickly disappeared.

He leaned down on the bed. When he came, he carefully looked at the bandage on Xia Lin's forehead and sighed: "This wound is really long. I was shivering when I watched the doctor stitching you. Xia Lin, your face. . . shouldn't be scarred in the future, right?"

Xia Lin said: "What's wrong with a scarred face?" 

Song Yan smiled and said, "Don't be afraid. If you lose your good looks and no one wants me, I'll marry you."

(Actual machine translation of the line above: "Don't be afraid if you lose the picture, no one wants me to marry you." I'm not sure how to interpret this one so I tried to translate every Chinese character and came up with that line.)

Both of them were stunned. 

Song Yan's words were too natural and he realized what he had said when he said it. He suddenly is at a loss: "Then what? I just said it casually, haha!"

Xia Lin naturally knew that Song Yan had no intentions but the conversation was so familiar. 

When the two were together in the previous life, he suffered a slight injury on his face once because of an accident. 

Song Yan comforted him with a smile and said, "I'll marry you." Even the tone of voice is exactly the same.

Since his rebirth, he has always wanted to get rid of the nightmare of his previous life but for some reason, there are always things that inadvertently touch his lonely heartstrings. 

Song Yan may feel a little embarrassed so he has nothing to say: "Are you hungry, Xia Lin? Do you want me to buy you something to eat?"

Xia Lin didn't make it difficult for him and went down the steps: "Well, buy me a bowl of black rice porridge." 

"Good." Song Yan turned around and ran out as if he had received an amnesty.

Xia Lin discovered at this time that Zhou Shuo was still standing next to the wall like a transparent person so he said to him: "You also go take a rest. Don't be stuck here. I want to be alone for a while."

Zhou Shuo nodded and walked to the lounge outside.