Chapter 50

Christopher got back from his outstation work and decided to surprise Emilyn. He arrived bright and early, he rang her doorbell, but no answer. He tried multiple times, but still nothing.

Christopher called her on the phone, but nothing. So, he decided to call Ana.

"Hey, Ana. I'm Christopher." He said, "Is Emilyn with you? She's not answering her calls."

"Where are you?" Ana asked

"I'm at her house."

"Stay right there," Ana said. Christopher can hear the shuffling of sheets. "I'll be there as soon as possible."

"Did something happen? What's wrong?" He asked.

"I'll tell you when I get there," Ana said and ended the call.

Christopher waited for Ana to arrive, soon she came, running down the hallway with Finley.

"Hey, guys, what's going on?" Christopher asked them.

"Grandma Lou passed away last night," Finley told him.

Christopher's face froze and his mouth slightly opened. "Why didn't you guys tell me?" He said.

"Whatever you want to ask, we will answer later." Ana interrupts. "Now, we have to find Emilyn." She opens the door.

"Check her room first," Christopher said when they got into the house. They all rush to her room, but no sign of her anywhere.

"Uhm...guys, do you hear water sounds?" Finley said.

Christopher looks at Ana, and they both answered, "Yeah." Everyone rushed out and head to the bathroom.

"Emilyn, are you in there?" Ana knocked on the door. "Emilyn, I'm Ana. If you are in there make a sound." No reply from the inside, Christopher starts to worry.

"I'm going in," Christopher said.

"No." Finley stop him, "What if..."

"I'm going in, what if something happened to her," Christopher said with a firm voice. "I'm going in."

Finley steps back and gives space. Christopher turns the handle, "is lock." He turns it again. "Ana, do you know where is their master key?"

"No," Ana shakes her head.

"Step aside, I'm going to kick it open," Christopher told them. With two forceful kicks, the door opens.

Ana gasped as she enters the bathroom first, Christopher and Finley followed behind her. The shower is on, and Emilyn curled up on the floor with the shower continuously flowing down on her.

Christopher stopped the shower and crouched down next to her, "Emilyn, Emilyn." He hit her cheeks lightly to get her to wake up. "Angel, wake up." No response.

"Here take this." Ana passes Christopher the towel. Quickly, he wraps it around her soaked body, lifting her and carry her to the room. He lay her down on the bed and said, "Ana, get her warm. I'm going to call the doctor." Christopher excuse himself out of the room. Finley follows him out to give them privacy.