1 :: teyvat's newest traveler

1

Y/N had rather mediocre cooking skills, but with her parents away on vacation and nobody but herself at home, there was no other choice than to use whatever measly gastronomy skills she's collected over the years. At least, that's what her health teacher called it.

"Gah, did I cook it for too long?" Y/N muttered to herself when her egg didn't have the perfect fluency of yolk. Her expectations were set rather low here, but an egg? She managed to overcook an egg?

Y/N sighed and finished cooking the meal. She brought the bowl to her room and in front of her computer, which has been running Genshin Impact, an open-world RPG that she's been grinding on for a couple months now. She had two days worth of projects and homework to finish this week, but nothing got in the way of completing her daily commissions before the day reset. Y/N pressed M to trigger the map function and clicked on a statue to warp near the purple marker.

She thought nothing of this move.

The objects on her table began to shake as did the floor underneath her. Y/N's phone showed no sign of an earthquake warning... so how could this be happening?

"Oh my god I need to call for help-" she said while grabbing frantically for her phone.

Y/N was cut off when the loading screen began to emit a deafening screech. She put her hands against her ears and shut her eyes to block out all her senses as if the sounds would cease by itself.

But when she opened them back up, Y/N was no longer in her room, nor was she anywhere on Earth, apparently. The sky looked as if it was close to setting, a tangerine gradient bordering the rolling plains. Her back grew sore when she laid on stone for too long, too in shock to get up and closely observe the world around her.

After a solid minute of laziness, Y/N picked herself up and checked her surroundings to be sure this was all just a trick of the mind, an illusion. "That tree is massive... wait, is that a Statue of the Seven?" She pointed out the front braids of the statue and concluded that this world she'd been transported to was unfortunately, Genshin Impact.

And to top it all off, Y/N didn't have a single means of defense.

Her eyes traced to a glowing, winged creature that contrasted against the warm sky. "Huh. A crystalfly?" She reached to touch the butterfly-like bug before it flew away, out of her reach.

Y/N paid no attention to the miniature pyro slime creeping up to her unguarded side. A mere ember rested on Y/N's calf, and she immediately reacted to the sharp burn. The pyro slimes were unthreatening in game, but for someone without a vision nor a weapon, her options were limited.

Of course, the river! Enemies, no matter how strong, always succumbed to water deep enough to drown them. Without thinking, Y/N grabbed the pyro slime by its sides and absolutely HURLED it into the nearby river. Predictably, it disentegrated into a scattered pile of slime secretions on top of the water's surface.