Chapter - 9

Singhania Haveli

DevNagar

Rajasthan

Sanjana's POV:

After the night where he had seen me half naked, it has been awkward between us. Well I can not say for him as he is the same: cold, ruthless and arrogant. But I feel a little ashamed to go in front of him and this has made things between us just weird.

Today is the day Kuldevi Pooja is being held and I am advised to dress in the most heaviest clothes I own.

I decided to wear a maroon heavily embroided saree at borders. It goes with my fair skin tone. 

The pooja was going to be held at temple in centre of village. As per Ma it was not very grandeur, it was a small temple with a school on its premises.

Everyone reached at the temple. Akshay and I were asked to perform havan (it is type of Indian ritual, where holy fire is offered with grains and ghee( butter).

We did the pooja and after that we visited the school. The headmaster informed us about the lack of funds. I expected Akshay to donate some money to school but he did not so I called my friend from IAS training who is posted in this part of Rajasthan to have a grant from government for the school as soon as possible.

We were driving back to the haveli but I was lost in my own thoughts if Akshay has so much extra money then why did not he donate a little to school? It's not like it will dent his bank balance. Then, why? 

This question was eating me from inside. It would not be even a dent on his pocket, then why?

At haveli, I was cooking lunch when suddenly Ma came. 

"Ma, you want something?" I asked her.

"No Sanjana, I am here just for water." She answered while pouring water in the jug.

"Ma, I want to ask you something if you don't mind?"

"Sure, ask."

"Akshay ne aaj school ko donate kyun nhi kiya?" (Why did not Akshay donated to school?) 

I had just voiced my question when I was startled by a loud voice of something banging on kitchen counter.

It was Akshay and one look at him and man was he not pissed. But at what?

"To our room, now." He ordered me as if I was his employee. This angered me. Who does he think is? 

"I and Ma are talking. Once I will be done, I will come and see what his highness wants." I answered him mockingly.

This seem to anger him more and it frightened me a little but I did not let it waiver me. By this time, Milapriya and Geetanjali bhabhi along with Kirti Di were in kitchen.

"Sanjana...."

"Baby, I know you can not spend a minute away from me but we are in presence of our family, a little control will be appreciated." Damn it! Why do I have to sign my death warrant? 

"As soon as you are finished, I want you in our room if you are not there I will carry you like a petulant child you are behaving as." He said in his frigid business tone and stormed out from there.

How dare he call me a petulant child when he himself is one. After he stormed from the kitchen, I muttered a whatever and plastered a big smile on my face.

"Mila bhabhi, come on we have so much work to do." I said to her in a tone as if nothing has happened while on inside I was dreading what will happen to poor me.

At the lunch table, Akshay's mood has taken a downright notch and now he was a roaring lion spitting fire with his everyword.

As soon as, everyone finished eating I was dragged to our room by Akshay. I did not open my mouth because I know it will definitely be detrimental for sweet little me.

I was forcefully thrown inside the room and door was locked. He turned to face me and man if I was not ready to run away to hills.

"Next time when I say something do it otherwise I am sure you would not want your dad and brother to be jobless." With that he snaked his hand around my waist and jerked me forward making me collide with his chest. My soft breast crushing with his hard chest.

He threatened me. I has no doubt that he will do it so I just nodded my head. I am a very rational and patient person, it is very rarely I lose my temper which renders me irrational. My subconscious rolled its eyes at me. 

I did not know what happened, one minute he was threatening me and next we were in each others arms and his head nestled in my neck.

"W-what are you doing?" I asked him nervously. I never had a boyfriend before and have been never this close to a man. 

"I cannot spend a minute away from you, right? I am just demonstrating what you stated earlier." He is using my words against me. 

"How about we consummate our marriage?" He seductively whispered while biting me on my neck. This is definitely gonna leave a mark. 

This made me scared out of my wits and I ran from there while frantically unlocking the door. The only sound that can be heard was of my heavy breathing in the corridor. 

This man is dangerous for my health. The way he turned tables on me and used my words on me, truly justify how shrewd and manipulating he can be.

I am independent and smart but I am not foolish to fight just for my stupid ego against someone who is way too powerful to be defeated. 

To win his heart if this devil has any I have to be myself and not let the stupid little thing irritate me.

I cannot change the way he is but I can improve some aspects of him and that way I will be able to ensure that in future we share a healthy relationship.

He does like to be challenged so that he can assert his dominance by wining. What if he is not given any challenge at all?

This will bring him out of his comfort zone and then will be when I will strike. I had to fulfill the promise I made to myself and for that I will do anything. I have to fulfill Ma's expectations as well.

{}