Chapter twenty-five - Wedding Vows

The Grand Orchestra started playing the wedding match. George stood up from his chair and made his way to the door. Tommy following close behind. As soon as George opened the door he was face to face with his father.

"Are you ready?" His father asked in a harsh tone.

George knew his father would only accept one answer, "Yes."

His father took his arm and started leading him down the hallway. They came across two giant doors that led to the church hall. There were knights on both sides of the doors and they slowly pulled them open. Behind the doors were thousands of people all standing up in their seats staring at George. He suddenly felt weak in the knees. But he couldn't afford to stumble now or his father would kill him. He tried to smile at all the people as he walked past, but all he wanted to do was cry alone in his bed. He noticed Karl in the crowd giving him thumbs-ups. And George's heart warmed a little.

They made it up to the stage and George was now standing directly across from Quackity. George tried not to look at him so he looked at the Minister. To George's surprise, he was staring directly at Wilbur.

"Wilbur? What are you going here!?" George whispered yelled.

"I could ask you the same thing! I thought you were marrying King Karl?" Wilber shot back.

"It's a long story..." George sighed.

"If I'm being honest, I didn't think you and Karl would work out, But that's only because I noticed the way you looked at your knight. Why aren't you marrying him?"

George looked down at the ground, "H-he died.

"Oh, shit, I'm sorry man. That sucks."

Quackity turned and scowled at Wilbur, "Are you going to fucking start?"

Wilbur gave him a shy smile, "Right." He whispered before clearing his throat and addressing the congregation, "Friend, families, furries, we are gathered here today, on the site of Wattpad, to unite these two people in holy matrimony. Their decision to marry has not been done through impulse, rather on dedication and a long-built connection." He cringed a little as he read off the paper, "So today they shall be publicly declaring their private devotion to each other amongst the company of their closest friends. They will today accept each other in their entirety, as lovers, companions, and friends, in sickness and in health, to hold each other till death do they part." Wilbur turned to Quackity, "Do you, Quackity, take George, to be your lawfully wedded partner, promising to love and cherish him through joy and sorrow, sickness and health, whatever challenges you may face for as long as you both shall live.

Quackity smirked "I do."

"And do you, George, take Quackity, to be your partner in life and to share a path of life with him, equal in love, embraced as a mirror for your true self, sharing everything, including your kingdom's wealth with him and promising to honour and cherish him, through good times and bad, until death do you part?"

"..."

"Um, George?" Wilber looked over at him worried.

George couldn't do this. How was he supposed to spend the rest of his life with someone he hates? He looked beside him to see his father, glaring at him with hatred, Maybe living with Quackity would be better than with his father. "I-i do?"

Wilber gave him a fond smile, "Brilliant, can we have the rings, please, brought to the front."

A tall young man came up. Haft his skin was white and the other half was black. He handed Quackity the rings.

Wilbur was flipping through his papers confused, "I don't know when the vows happen... Oh, wait I found them." He turned to Quackity once more, "Quackity, if you may, place the ring on George's hand and exchange your vows."

Quackity took a step forward and gently grabbed George's left hand. Placing a diamond ring on his ring finger. He backed up and stared at George with a smug look on his face. "George, ever since I saw you, I thought, wow, this guy's hot. I bet he looks even hotter doing other things. And god damn I was right."

George looked at him confused, "What?"

Quackity laughed and continued, "I pledge to honour you, love you, and to play bedroom games with you, for the rest of my days."

The audience clapped. George frowned.

Wilbur sighed, "And, George, if you may, place the ring on Quackity's hand."

George quickly slid the ring on and stepped away. Still not making eye contact with anyone.

"Now give your vows." Wilbur directed.

George started getting nervous, so many people were staring at him and he hadn't prepared anything, "Um... I mean... What can I say, Quackity. What can I- What can I actually say? Umm... We're going to be married. We are married. Um- I don't completely hate you?"

Quackity was about to burst out laughing, "Hah, t-thanks."

"Is that all?" Wilbur raised an eyebrow.

"..." George fiddled with his hands.

"Brilliant. Before we continue, is there anyone in this hall right now, that has any reason why these two should not be wed," Wilbur looked around the congregation, "Okay, and now, through the power invested in me, by this church and King, I pronounce you two-"

The church doors swung open, there stood Dream, Sapnap and Bad. They looked out of breath and fatigued. But they carried determined energy with them.

Dream spoke up, "I OBJECT!!"