Gracey the Angel

...!

She froze, as she looked at the mirror. A gorgeous girl with honey brown hair, glistering black eyes...her skin was porcelain and soft. If you looked close enough, she even had stunning freckles. 

"Who is this dazzling woman?!" She said out loud, as she looked closer to the mirror.

She looked at the maid, "Miss?! Who am I?!" 

The maid was very startled, "Y-you're Melanie Alais... My lady." she said.

Melaine Alais? The name was familiar to her.

Until...

Gracey the Angel...

Melanie Alais is a side character in the book, she was a mini villain who wanted to take down Gracey because of her jealousy. 

Not because she wanted one of the men, but because the way she enjoyed life to the fullest and she had everything even though she was a commoner.

Melaine is the daughter of Marquess Alais, the ones who control the mining industry...especially gems.

That'd mean they're extremely rich right? Yes, but... Melanie suffers from a rare incurable disease, called Gelidus. 

Gelidus means freezing, and cold... and also was named like that since it was a word she learnt while she overheard her teachers talking.

In this world, there is magic...

And in this case, Gelidus is dark mana that puts a curse on one, making it slow and painful til they die. Their hearts are filled and trapped in freezing and dark mana, and is given a time limit of how much they can live.

Melanie face palmed as she recalled all of those complicated things, mana this, mana that. It's all because she watched all of those wizard shows.

She barely wrote any character development, or even almost anything about Melanie. All she wrote was she suffered from an illness that couldn't be cured.

And plus, she only appeared once in the story, during the crown prince's birthday and she simply humiliated herself. 

Melanie dropped on her bed, sighing. 'What type of child would write something so complicated.' she thought.

Sadly, no one knew about the sickness other than Melanie. But her death was never written in the story...  so it's probably safe.

Melanie sat up, as she stared at the maid. 

"Is your name...Chloe?" Melaine hesitantly asked.

"Y-yes...?" She replied.

'As I thought...' Melaine stared at her. She vaguely remembers the character descriptions, luckily enough she has good memory.

She had eyes green as the forests, milky skin, and dull red hair that was lengthed above her shoulders. She wears rectangle framed glasses. She can be timid sometimes, but if needed, she can be completely fierce.

Chloe, is Melanie's personal maid. In the story, although it wasn't much explained... Melanie is very introverted. 

She trusts her maid very much, and so far, there was nothing written about Chloe other than Melanie trusts her.

"Okay, don't tell anyone about this." Melanie said, before groaning and falling onto the bed once again.

...

For an entire month, Melanie slowly got used to this entire thing.

She accepted that infact, she transmigrated into a novel she wrote a few years back.

The novel was entertaining, but was very messy. There was no character development other than the male leads being "better" than what they used to be.

Melanie has no intention of getting involved with anyone in her novel, all she's worrying about is her sickness. 

"UGH!" She groaned while she covered her face with the book she was reading.

"Is something wrong my lady?" Chloe asks.

"No, I'm probably losing my mind." She said, as she casually continues to read her book.

In the book she was reading, it was explaining how magic works in this world...

The source of magic is life itself. Magical abilities link everything together, but only a few people have the ability to tap on these energies. These magical powers have historically resulted in more destructive war, but as more knowledge is gained every day, wars are becoming less common and less destructive.

There are some who are looking into ways to expand the magical potential within each being, so far with only small successes.

And as she continued to read, there was a small explanation on how to release mana.

'Let's see if Melanie has mana.'  She thought.

First, you must try to feel the mana within you, by relaxing and trusting yourself with it.

Just as said, Melanie closed her eyes, and tried to feel her mana.

She took a deep breath...she felt as if air was flowing through her body. She looked at her hand, and it was radiating a white aura. 

"Oh my!" She smiled, as Chloe was just as happy for her. 

!!!

Melanie's body began to feel cold, her heart clenched while the aura on her hands slowly disappeared. She placed her hand on her chest as she tried to catch her breath.

"My lady!!" Chloe rushed to her.

Her body felt tense, and painful, she looked down on her lap as she continued to clench her chest.

Until her eyes widened, blood dripped on her skirt. She looked at Chloe who was overwhelmed. 

"My lady...you're..." Her expression was more than worried.

Melanie's nose started bleeding. 

...

2 days later

Melanie has been sleeping for 2 days straight. The family doctor didn't have a clue on what the sickness was.

It made her wonder, how the real Melanie even found out about the sickness.

'Oh that's right. Her father suspected it.' She thought as she stared at the ceiling.

"My lady, please eat your meal." Chloe said.

Melanie sat up, as she ate the bowl of soup that was given to her.

'Then it's possible she doesn't have Gelidus?' Melanie froze.

She quickly returned the bowl and said, "Chloe, bring in some commoner's clothes. We're heading out."