𝐭𝐡𝐞 '𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝'

IT WAS SATURDAY, finally the weekend

IT WAS SATURDAY, finally the weekend. you were planning to sleep in til late because you were exhausted. your peace and quiet lasted for another 5 minutes until you got woken up by a screeching voice who belonged to none other than your mother. your eyes shot open and you sat up in your bed, yelling a loud "YES." so she knows you heard her the first time.

your gaze turned over to the digital clock sitting on your bedside table, it greeted you with a big 9.27 am. you yawned and arched your back, stretching with your upper body up in the air. you groaned in frustration and head downstairs.

"what's for breakfast, mom?" you questioned, eyes still half lidded and your hair a mess. "none for you if you don't go take a shower now, y/n." she uttered with her attention fully on the pan, focusing on the pancake batter she just poured. "geez, fine." you said and started to storm off, only for your mother's voice to stop you in your tracks.

"your aunt is coming over today, i need to take her somewhere so you have to babysit your cousin, yuji." your mother finished her sentence, now her eyes staring at you. you opened your mouth to say something but she cut you off. "its not a question, so please help this time, y/n." her voice stern and determined. you groaned and mutter a "fine," under your breath before storming off to take a shower.

you aren't specially great with kids, but yuji is 8 now. he can't be that bad, right? you thought to yourself as the warm water runs down your skin and wash off the bubbles of shampoo from your hair.

you finished up and turn off the running water. you wrapped your towel around your body and held another towel in your hand, drying off the dampness of your hair. you head to your room and picked out your clothes for the day, an oversized red sweatshirt and a pair of black sweatpants. you hurriedly blow dried your hair and finish up with your light makeup and head downstairs accompanied by your growling stomach.

you sat yourself down on the kitchen table and look at the food placed on the plates. you greeted your mom and start digging in. you sip on your orange juice and finished your breakfast. you helped your mother clean up and your hand travel down to the right pocket of your pants. you fished your phone out and saw text messages from hajime. a smile formed on your lips and you clicked on his contact.

hajime😸:
sooo :)
wanna hangout today?
i don't hv practice :)

you let out a soft groaned. frustrated, you typed a reply.

you:
can't
i gotta babysit my little cousin today :/
spain without the s :')

you saw the little bubbles formed on your screen, signifying that he was typing, but you heard the doorbell and quickly shoved your phone back into your pocket. you answered the door only to be greeted with your aunt's big smile and before you know it, you were pulled into a hug by the woman in front of you.

you awkwardly pat her back slowly before she break off the hug. you looked down to see your cousin, yuji, who waved at you with little enthusiasm. you gave him a small smile before inviting them in. you helped your aunt and yuji with their bags and placed them on the floor in the living room.