chapter 27: to our future selves

Opening my eyes I realize Luciano isn't with me. He's not your boyfriend, niki don't be surprised. I get out of bed and head to the bathroom.

Considering we're in a heatwave I put on a bikini with a wrap so I can go swimming after breakfast. Hazel walks into my room "ooo swim day?" i nod "ok after breakfast i'll get ready" she holds out her hand and we walk downstairs.

"morning" we sit down and everyone greets us. " i love you" Luciano hangs up the phone and walks into the dining room. he was talking to his mother i look down at my food. "oooo who do you love luch" vinchenzo takes a sip of his orange juice.

"Well, unlike the bunch of you, I actually have a good relationship with my mother." all of my brother's jaws drop and I just laugh "the sad part is he's right" antonio holds the bridge of his nose trying not to laugh.

"dad what are you gonna do when you see mom" stefano looks almost serious for once in his life. my father sighs, "I don't know,I'm not too sure i'll be able to look at her." my father rubs his jaw "how about you boys,you haven't seen her in a very long time

"I was 11 when she left,she's not gonna recognize us will she?" antonio tilts his head my father sighs "she will,i know she will"

"i was what 4? surprisingly i do remember her not much though" stefano pops a berry in his mouth. I find it so upsetting that our mother just left us,my brothers don't show how much it hurts them. antonio was old enough to realize what happened so was vinchenzo,but stefano probably had no clue

"i say we group torture her" i sip my mimosa and everyone looks around "that's actually a good idea" we're so sick and twisted

...

Hazel and I jump into the pool and cool off "ugh I love swimming" hazel dunks her head underwater once more and she comes up splashing me.

"bitchass" i laugh and splash her and it eventually turns into a water fight. We laugh as water is getting thrown into the air. We both drag each other underwater and when we come up we sit on pool stairs still submerged in the water.

we soak in the sun until shade falls over us. opening my eyes i see vinchenzo "hi baby" hazel laughs "please never call my brother baby again" i pull myself out of the pool and sit in the ledge.

dragging water out with me vinchenzo steps back "ah ah ah watch the slides" i look up at him "your so dramatic" i stand up and grab a towel to dry myself off. Hazel gets out and I throw her a towel.

We head inside and I grab my phone off the counter and see a missed call from charles. clicking the notification he answers after a few rings.

"hello ms smith"

i put the phone on speaker

"hey charles what's up" the calm british accent is put back on hazel and vinchenzo lean onto the counter.

"i just wanted to let you know that apartment 6b is able to be arranged,the owner would just like to meet you the day you move in"

my heart stops. I look up at Vin and he nods quickly. "yes that would be fine,i plan on moving in next month"

"next month should be fine,i also advise enrolling your daughter for the fall sooner than later"

"yes thank you for reminding me charles bye now"

"bye Ms.smith" he hangs up

"Hands down the most stressful thing i've done" hazel laughs "you say that about everything" i smile "because everything is stressful" vinchenzo grabs hazel by the waist and throws her over his shoulder "ok i'm stealing her legs go" she laughs and i nod.

luciano walks in from the gym all sweaty holy shit my eyes follow him as he walks to the fridge he's just so hot "wanna stare any longer" i snap out of my thoughts "i wasn't staring" he hums "i was just thinking on having a margarita can you grab me some mix i don't wanna make it myself"

he nods and pulls out the mix and a water bottle. i walk over to the bar and grab tequila bringing it to the counter along with a fancy glass.

"want any" luciano uncaps his water taking a sip "no i'm good" i nod. I add some of the pre-made mix and tequila into a shaker and close the lid. I shake up the mixture for about a minute and then pour into the glass.

my eyes wander over to luciano's shirtless body. i mentily trace every tattoo on his toned back. when he turns around i move my eyes to the floor pretending to be lost in a thought.

"you good?" i look up at him "yea" i sip my drink "damn this shit is good" he laughs "i have a question" he leans on the wall taking a sip of water "i have an answer"

"Do you wanna come with me to see my mother tomorrow?" i'm almost shocked at his question "sure when" he wants me to meet him mom,properly, hazel is going to flip out "leave at noon?" i nod "noon sounds good" we're not even a couple oh my

"I don't feel like going upstairs and hearing anything from Hazel's room so I'm gonna go outside feel free to join me" he laughs as i open the door.

I walk out to the beach we have and stare into the water as the sun starts to set. the sun is still in the sky it's just not as hot i love this time of day

"Drinking alone is never fun" I look up to see Luciano who sits next to me on the sand with a margarita in hand. "This time of day is nice" I look at him guess we have the same thoughts. "It is" I lean on his shoulder, taking another sip.

"Just so you know my mother is a different person when my father is not around" he sips his margarita "really how so?" he puts his drink down "she's more lively and fun,you get to see how truly caring she is. my father just puts this layer over her" picking up his drink he chugs some.

"ok slow down" i push the bottom part of his glass down and he takes the cup away from his lips. "She's more fun when he isn't around so expect a different side of her '' I smile and nod while taking a sip. "What are you going to do about your father?"

he sighs "not sure,i don't want to kill him i want him to suffer a long life of pain" good idea "how will you accomplish that" i tilt my head "well my father is in his 50s and in this occupation you don't retire you step down but are still involved" i take a sip silently agreeing with him.

"i've started to take over his payments and homes, changing it to under mine or my mothers name" hm "so all his credit cards and phones are under my name so i can turn them on and off as i please"

He takes another sip. "Soon all his finances are at my mercy" I laugh "you're smarter than you let on" i hold my glass out "to,our future selves" he holds his glass out "to our future selves" he clicks his glass with mine and we drink.

hey besties so sorry for the wait!! i was rlly busy with my last week of school BUT ITS OVER NOW so back to normal chapter schedule i love you all 💕💕💕