Chapter 12

"Manik...maine swimming toh seek li hai par tum phir bhi mere saath rahoge na?" Nandini asked as she looked at the giant waves.

"Of course Jaanu, yeh bhi koi puchne wali baat hai kya?" Manik replied. "Vaise....let go boating, wahan dekho."

Nandini shook her head, "Nahi...thats too deep, Manik main wahan nahi jaa sakti."

"Kuch nahi hoga Nandini, main hoon na?" Manik assured her, "Aur tumhare bhai bhi."

"Trust me okay?"

"Thik hai..." Nandini agreed reluctantly. Grinning, Manik led her toward the boating area.

"Hey guys. Kya kar rahe ho?" Rishabh asked as he walked up to them with his wife, Preeti. Following behind was Veer & Kartik with their respective wives.

Nandini just ignored them so Manik...acting like this wasnt 100% his plan replied, "Just going boating....why dont you join us?"

"Manik..." Nandini whispered but Manik pretended to not hear her.

"Haan, it will be fun." Veer agreed. So Veer, Shivani, Kartik & Esha got into one boat while Rishabh & Preeti got into the second. After helping Nandini get into the same boat as Rishabh & Preeti.

"Wait, humare boat kaun chalaega?" Preeti asked seeing the guy sitting in Kartik & Veer's boat.

"Woh abhi bahar aate hi hone madam." The guy replied. Manik was about to get in too when he paused and felt around his pockets.

"Oh shit, main apna phone toh gadi main hi bhool gaya....Ill just come." 

"Manik...mat jao pls." Nandini grabbed his hand and looked over the edge of the swaying boat nervously. 

"Jaanu, kuch nahi hoga, main bas abhi aaya." After assuring Nandini, Manik left. 

A few seconds later, the boat rocked again and Nandini shut her eyes, grabbing the sides of the boat in fear. Gently, Rishabh placed his hand ontop of Nandini's to comfort her.

"Nanhi....kuch nahi hoga. Hum hai na? Tere saare bhai yahan hai, kuch nahi hoga tujhe."

"Huh...bhai..." Nandini gave out a little laugh and removed her hand, "Mere saare bhai toh uss din bhi they. Veer bhaiyya aur Kartik bhaiyya ne jo kiya jo bola sabko paata hai par tum? Tum bhi wahi they na Rishabh? Tumne sab dekha sab sunna par kuch nahi kahan, mujhe support bhi nahi kiya."

"Nandini...tere bhai-"

"Preeti, pls....dont." Nandini held her hand up. "Mujhe tere saath jagrah nahi karni hai par haan, mere so called bhaiyyon par mujhe ab koi bharosa nahi hai."

Rishabh looked down sadly when....

"Nanhi! Rishabh!" The three of them looked back too see that the rope that tied the boat to the dock has loosened and now the boat was already in middle of the lake.

"What the...yeh kaise hua?" 

"M...M...MANIK! MANIK!" Nandini started to panic.

"Nanhi...Nanhi shant ho ja." Kartik yelled out from his boat. "Bhaiyya pls boat wahan le jayiye, meri behen ko darr lag raha hai."

"Nanhi...kuch nahi hoga. calm down." Rishabh tried to hug Nandini but she pushed him away. As the other driver turned their boat towards them suddenly something pushed the boat from underneath and made it flip over.

"AAH!"

SPLASH!

Before she got submerged in the water, Nandini held her breathe but quickly lost it as the boat hit her head. Despite the pain she tried to find her way to the surface when she felt a hand grab her from below. Vaguely, she could make out a person wearing  scuba diving equiptment holding onto her ankle and pulling her down. Nandini held her breathe and tried to kick but the grip was too strong for her. Still she kicked and struggled to get loose, reaching upwards trying to get away. Soon, she couldnt hold her breathe any longer nor could she fight as she finally lost consciousness.