Epilogue

Two months after

“Silence” I roared through Nonark, my head about to explode. We had been trying for two months now, whit the secret soldiers at our side, to gett some sort of system going on in an attempt of setling the roughes down or the now inbetween shifters. But going from rough and into a system is not an easy task, and for the stuborn old goat standing in front of me, apparently no system was god enough for him.

Mac the old goat, was a stationed rough who would not shift to speak to us. I sighed and Leo rubbed my back in amusement.

Aloud bang was heard from the kitchen, Leo unhinged himself from me “Il chek it out, you stay whit the goat” he grinned back at me as he entered the kitchen obviously happy to get away.

“Alright Mac for the last time I want to help you, you cant live here its mearly a pitstop for shifters to gett them into a good pack were they will belong.”

Stomping his clove in the stone flor, was that a yes or no? 

I contemplating giving him a few days in the cell when a chill spread down my bones nibeling at my heart, Leo!

Another bang and clash was heard from the kitchen and I ran for the door. Pushing through several shifters now screaming to get out of the kitchen. Roaring form the top of my loungs making everybody jump to the side, opening upp for me to finaly enter the caos of an kitchen.

Darkness filed the room only one lightbulb hang loosely in one corner, swinging from side to side, I ease into my lynx making my night vision come through. Chairs lay scattered all around, food were in a pile whit the food table unop it. And in the midle tre nonark soldiers holding a gunn right towards the left corner, were something huge were hiding under the fort made of tables. The soldiers looked petrified carved out in stone, one man hikst, and its gunn holster cliked.

A loud roar filled the small kitchen and an big alfa gorilla threw the table over the soldiers head, slaming his fists over his torso in a violent rampage of intimidation.

It tok me a second to recognise the gorilla as my mate. Not in anny form I had ever seen him in before, amazed by his huge frame I frose. That was my Leo. What was happening?

Stand down” I used my dominant voice and tok tre longe strides to stand inbetween my mate and the soldiers. No one points a gunn at my mate!

They all lett go of their weapons samontaniously, like the air removed from their petrified bodies they fell to their knees on the stone cold floor.

These were not my men, but they followed my lead just the same. We had lett most of the soldiers on Nonark stay, their leader was no more puling their strings and we were hoping to mold them in the right direction, but old habits hare hard to turn.

What is going on? I turned haistily at my mate, which is backing slowly away from me.

“Whoa” I try to ease up to him as he scutches his big form under the table again. “Its okay” I cooed “your safe now” The gorilla is slowly getting smaller and I realise he is slowly shifting back.

The gorilla now much smaller in size lifts up his right hand and holds out his left, slowly draging a small boy whit him. “Ahh..” I smile at my mate “you protected him” Leo shifts completely now stil holding a protectiv hold over the boy.

“They were going to kill him.” Leo sneared out his diacust in the soldiers shining through.

“What?” I said in disbeliefe turning to face the soldiers. “whats the meaning of this?” I ask them harsley as they shiver in fear.

“he..he.. he is six sir.” one soldier mangage to croack out.

When he didnt continue I grawled at him “yes, go on!”

“Well it sometimes happens sir, that they dont take on a shifterform and... and.. then its just youseless sir...'”

“So you would kill a child?” Leo barked out behind me still clutching the boy afraid of him disapearing.

“Its was what we were thougt sir.... im sorry sir.. but no one would take him now”

Ahh... I mentaly sigh.. what they were tought, why couldnt people just start to think for them selves. “from now on you follow our new rules and it says newer hurt a kid, no mather what. Got that!”

“Yes sir.” They all mumbled out.

“Now get out of here!” I barked at them a final warning.

Sighing I bent down under the table again. I felt a thumbling mess inside leos head, but protect the boy was writen all over his stance. “this one hum..” I humed to my mate “alright, let me have a look at you boy” at first I wasent sure Leo would ever take im out of is grip, but slowly they both cam out from under the table.

The boy tok a step towards me, no fear radiated from the smal boy. Only calm strong green eyes stared back up at me, holding me. This kid had guts, who knows how he ended up here, what he had seen, what he had lost. I circled the boy, he was smal for a six year old, scinny was well known for the nonark residents, but his height where somewhat wrong for his age.

His skin was smered in dirt but a hint of olive skinn were radioant in some places, his hair was cole black, was he even from around here? He looked almost a bit foregne.

“Whats your name boy?” I asked and he ansvered sharply back

“Ace sir.”

“Well Ace” I looked up at my mate, who had began easing out of tension mode. “what do you say about coming to live whit me and my mate?”

----

the boy was a quiet lad, staying mostly in his own head the drive home, I could tell he was contempt in staying whit us.

Leo had practicaly glown from head to tow.

Walking into the meat hall we went straight up to my father, the kings smile gave inn a litle. He looked suspicisly at us.

“What did you to boys do now?” how does he always know somethings up? Maybe it was Leo who could not stop grinning.

“Father” I say formaly making him scruche his brow together. “I want you to meet somone”
taking a step away from my mate and giving space for Ace to step up to our king. “This is Ace, he will be staying whit us for a while.”

“Ah...” my father sighes. And claps his hands together. “Hello son”

“Hello mr king. Nice to make your acuaintace sir.” his voice rang of dominace and he held out a hand for my father to shake.

“Oh.. im keeping you” he grabed his hand and puled him closer “ but you can cal me gandpa” come sitt he gestured for the boy to sitt next to him on the bench.

My father got the kid talking, slow at first but aventualy the kid realaxed into the pack and fitt right in. Sitting next to Leo who guarded him like a hawke.

I grinned to my mate as he laughed at Ace stuffing his face in another large cakepiece provided by my father, even his nose where covered.

My mate gliding his hand over my shouldes, and his chin right nexto my ear. “Im happy” he whispers.

-the end