xxxxi

Previously on, 'ari, be mine'. .

"Engaged, huh?" My eyes widened as soon as they connected with the other man's brown ones.

Dalton Gomez.

Currently,

(warning, slight gore)
[ chapter 41 ]

november 25
7:30 p.m
orlando, florida

- - - - -

"Dalton?" I asked, almost not believing it. After over a year, he's finally back to fuck with me. Why? We didn't end things on the worst note.

Right?

Memories began to flood back without an ability to stop it.

*flashback*

"Get up, I'm not done with you yet." He grabbed my shirt and pulled me up. Slamming me against the wall, he got real close to my face with that glare still stuck on him like glue.

"You come in here, threatening me in my own home, in front of MY wife?! You're the one that's ruining my relationship," He jabbed his finger into my chest. "You're the one who's keeping us from officially marrying." And again.

"And YOU'RE the one who always wants to ruin something good." I tried not to let his words get to me, but it stung a little. Because he wasn't fully wrong. But he wasn't right, either.

*flashback over*

I winced. Then, another one.

*flashback*

"I'm sorry for stepping into your guys' 'perfect picture'. But you don't treat woman this way." He was still just looking at me. Emotionless.

"I don't care anymore." Is all he said, slowly standing up and grasping at his sides. "Have her. I don't want this anymore." He then turned to look at Ariana, who was now softly holding onto my left arm.

"We're done. You can keep the ring. Throw it away, burn it, sell it, who gives a fuck. I'm gone. Goodbye." And with that, he disappeared from our line of sight. I only changed my stance when I heard the front door open and slam shut.

*flashback over*

I sighed. "Yep." He gave me a small, toothless smile. It didn't reach his eyes, and it definitely didn't look genuine.

what is he up to?

"So, how've you been, Y/l/n? Having fun with my sloppy seconds?" He smirked. My eyebrows furrowed. Sloppy seconds? What is this? 3rd grade?

"Dalton, what do you want? Who even let you in here?" He shook his head. "That doesn't matter." He took a step, allowing the door to slowly close behind him.

"What does matter, is that Ariana is playing you." Okay, now I'm even more confused. I know for a fact she's not. And even if she was, how would he even know?