𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

"YOU PLAY VOLLEYBALL? that's amazing! y/n told me she's the manager of her school's volleyball club," your mother laughed alongside hajime

"YOU PLAY VOLLEYBALL? that's amazing! y/n told me she's the manager of her school's volleyball club," your mother laughed alongside hajime. you shifted in your seat and start picking on your food. you weren't happy about this, not one bit, though hajime on the other hand, seemed to enjoy it a lot.

"you should invite us to watch you play next time, hajime." your mother encouraged, to which he chuckled and nodded his head in respond. you subtly rolled your eyes, trying to hide it. yuji sat himself between his mother and hajime, while your mother sat herself between you and hajime.

"so how long have you guys known each other?" your mother yet again asked another question. "mom!" you whined, a little annoyed. "it's okay, y/n." hajime uttered. "we met about three weeks ago. she went to watch one of my match." he grinned to himself remembering the day they first met.

your mother hummed in response and sip on her tea. "so, what do your parents do?" your mother questioned again, this time a little more insensitive. that's it, you thought to yourself. this is the last straw.

"mom, mom. that's enough," you spoke sternly. both her and hajime looked at your solemn expression. "the dinner table is not a place for speaking of such things, plus you're being insensitive, mom." you told her off. "oh, no it's really okay." hajime insisted. you sighed. he was being too nice.

"both my parents are working out of town. they're in hyogo at the moment. they have a company there. and i live in miyagi with my older brother, but he's rarely home because he's in college now," hajime told her calmly.

"i see," was all your mother answered because of your earlier comment. everyone gradually finished their meal and you helped bring the dirty dishes over to the kitchen sink, placing them down properly.

"we will be leaving now. we don't want to arrive too late at night," your aunt announced. you and your mom hugged her and watched as yuji untangled himself from hajime's arms, his nose red and tears threatening to fall out.

"aww, buddy, don't cry. don't worry, the next time you come over, i'll be here okay?" hajime ruffled yuji's hair and gave him another hug. you smiled at the sight, hajime's eyes making contact with yours as he held the young boy in his embrace.

"pinky promise?" yuji held out his pinky finger toward hajime. hajime tangled his pinky finger with yuji's and brought him back to his mother. they bid their goodbyes and left. you and hajime head back into the kitchen and start cleaning up the dishes, you washing it and he wiped it dry.

you both did these actions in complete silence as your mother was cleaning up the kitchen table behind the both of you. though you both work in silence, your fingers brushed against each other from time to time, earning a soft smile from you and hajime.

you both finished up and you checked the time. "it's almost eight, hajime. you should go." you told him, a hint of exhaustion in your voice. "yeah, i probably should." he laughed. "let me say goodbye to your mother," he grip firmly on your shoulders and went to tell your mother that he's leaving.

soon, he came back and you led him to the shoe rack. he sat down and put on his shoes, while you slip into a pair of slippers. he stood up and you opened the door.

"mom! i'm walking hajime out to the front!" you yelled and closed the door behind you. you both walked in silence and you heaved out a sigh.

"i'm really sorry about my mother. she can be... a handful." you stated, feeling embarrassed. he chuckled and stood in front of you, both hands on your shoulders as he stared at you.

"hey, don't be sorry. okay? i loved today. being able to spend time with your family really made me happy. i haven't had a home cooked meal in months... or a family to eat dinner with. so don't be sorry. instead i would like to thank you for letting me come over." his deep voice spoke smoothly.

you could only nod. you feel a little sad for him. he must've been so lonely at home. you looked down at your feet and felt your heart ache. you never wanted hajime to feel lonely again. not after you entered his life.

"you alright?" he questioned, his voice snapping you back into reality. his hands slightly brushed against yours once more. this time, you mustered up your courage and grip onto his hand, slowly intertwining your fingers into his. you turned your gaze sideways trying to avoid staring up ahead.

from your peripheral vision, you could see iwaizumi had his other hand covering his mouth, his face and ears red. you could say the same was happening to your body. you both didn't utter a single word until he arrived at your front gate.

"y/n." he called out. you hum in response and took every ounce of courage in you to stare into his eyes. he smiled at you and you felt butterflies in your stomach. in within a second, you immediately froze from what was happening, or more like what hajime did.

your body was against his. his arms wrapped tightly around your back, near your waist. he had his chin rested on the top of your head. he hugged you tightly, as if he was afraid that if he let you loose, you would slipped away out of his grasp.

your ear were pressed against his chest, you could hear how loud and how fast his heart was thumping, yours doing the exact same. you sucked in a deep breathe to calm your nerves, and your hands, slowly but gradually, made their way up to wrap them against hajime's torso, pulling him closer.

you liked how he felt in your arms. you felt content and safe in his embrace. you sniff in his scent from his hoodie, admiring the fresh boyish smell that was rushing right into your nose, filling up your lungs.

"can we stay like this for a little while? it's nice," hajime spoke, his fingers running down slowly on the back of your head, playing and tugging softly at your hair. you nodded and hummed in response. "i like this, hajime." you muttered.

after a good few minutes, you both pulled off from the hug, both wanting more but time wasn't on their side. "i'll be going now, y/n. goodnight, beautiful." he smiled at her with his thumb caressing her cheek, which was already dusted with a red tint of blush. she held onto his hand and nodded with a smile. "goodnight, hajime."

tonight was the night where hajime realised how he felt about her. he fell in love with her. he wanted to be hers. she's got him wrapped around her fingers. he loved her. the way she made him feel like no other before. he was sure of it.