26| Condoms cost about a dollar or two

ARABELLA'S POV

Panting. Panting in terror was how I woke up from yet another nightmare.

My eyes snapped open and I was drenched in my own sweat, profusely shaking from the waves of tremors that were leaving my body.

My heart was pounding and the feeling of paranoia had taken over all of my every sense.

These recurring nightmares of the memories haunt me.

Although I was aware that they were no longer alive, these nightmares continued to play out, triggering my most intimate and subconscious anxieties.

This feeling of not being in control, of falling and drowning, of suffocating, of burning, was all too overwhelming.

My chest was painfully rising and falling rapidly.

Uncontrollable tears streamed down my cheeks

My mouth was dry and my hands were clutching onto my hair, arms were wrapped around my legs hugging them close to my chest, while I was miserably trying to calm my breathing.

I was terrified.

And I knew I wasn't going to fall back to sleep anytime soon, especially if I'm alone.

The twins and Noah went to sleepover at their friends house tonight. Max and Dad went to attend some important business.

They'll all be back by tomorrow morning.

They told me they own a big company, some hotels, casinos, pubs and hospitals around the world.

They are filthy rich.

So, it's just the oldest three and me now.

Even though I'm much more relaxed now, I still didn't want to be alone. So, I cautiously got up with my blanket wrapped around my shoulders as I stumbled my way out of my room.

I went to Elijah's room, but it was empty.

So I went to the next closest room that was across from him, which happened to be Matthew's.

I really hope he doesn't kill me for this.

I crept slowly into his room, trying not to make a sound so as to avoid waking him.

He was sleeping on the side, his back towards me. I crawled over to the other side of his bed and lay down, wrapping my blanket around me.

But I still couldn't sleep.

I was scared out of my wits, and the image of my almost dead self kept replaying in my head, everytime I shut my eyes.

I was deep in thought, staring at the ceiling, when I felt Matthew turn around and take me in his arms as he drew me closer to him.

I was instantly wrapped in a bubble of safety but I still unconsciously shuddered because my mind was still scared and at that moment, no matter how comforting, physical touch would just set me off.

"Sleep my little flower." He whispered, his eyes still closed.

"How do you know it's me?" I asked curiously.

Are all my older brothers psychics?

"Go to sleep." He kissed my forehead and ignored my question.

But I didn't complain, instead, I nuzzled my head against his shoulder and gradually let the darkness consume me, but this time with a sense of safety and comfort surrounding me.

💋 R   E   S   I   L   I   E   N   C   E 💋

"ALEXANDER!! DAD!! ARABELLA IS NOT IN HER ROOM, SHE LEFT AGAIN. I CAN'T FIND HER." I heard a distraught yelling.