Lullaby | Levi x (Scared) Reader

Prompt- Reader is scared of storms

This is the Levi version of Storms | Eren x (Scared) Reader

You let out a pathetic laugh, briefly occupying yourself before you were once again drowned in fear when lightning struck outside. Storms had always been a fear of your since you were a little girl. It was childish to you yet every time they happened you couldn't sleep a wink, often cradling yourself into a ball and waiting it out. Hours upon hours could be spent like this at a time, your mind and body determined not to let you move any more than the slight rocking of your body- a failed attempt at comforting yourself. You did your best to keep noise to a minimum, your sleeping boyfriend not even 20 feet away. He didn't know about your fear, and now that he had finally fallen asleep you'd rather eat worms than wake him. Captain Levi was humanities strongest and despite knowing that he loved you, you couldn't bear to see the disappointment on his face when he found out about your fear. So, you quietly suffered, making as little sounds as possible while nature raged outside.

It was terrifying, to say the least. Rain pounded on the home, thunder rumbling across the sky after its counterpart, lightning, had previously flashed the world into light. Wind banged against the walls and trees moaned with the pushing done to their branches and trunk. It was a never ending cycle. Your eyes moved from the window to Levi, the sight making your eyes soften ever so slightly. He was adorable, peacefully sleeping with his features and body neutral instead of their usual stiffness. He was beautiful. You watched him shift around, his arm reaching to your side before it fell on the empty mattress. It stopped for a second, doing the same while Levi's eyebrows creased and is eyes opened after a second attempt. He was almost immediately up, his hand clenching the blanket as his eyes desperately scanned the room.

"Y/n?!" he panicked, getting out of bed and bee-lining to the door.

A harsh wind struck the house, and you sucked in a quick breath. To anyone else the noise of the uproar outside would've drowned your small one, but this was Captain Levi, if he focused he could hear cricket breathe. And he must've been listening, his abilities tuned up to the max as his head immediately snapped to you, your eyes connecting as relief flooded him before it was replaced by concern.

"Y/n? What's wrong?" he said, coming over quickly.

"Uh nothing! I'm fine." you reassured.

It was as if mother nature was listening, a loud crack rumbled outside as your eyes widened, voice squeaked, and body clenched closer together.

"Is it the storm? Y/n, why didn't you tell me?" he came closer, slowly hugging you to his chest.

"I didn't wanna disappoint you." you murmured.

"Disappoint me? How?"

"Because it's so stupid and-"

"No. It's not. You wanna know something Y/n? I'm don't care if you fear the sun, puppies, anything. I love you. And I choose to be with you knowing that things like this can exist. But it doesn't change how I see you. In fact, it makes me like you even more. All this little quirks and strange things about you make me love you even more. So please, don't be ashamed of this. Look at it this way, now O can protect you from something else."

"Yeah but if i wasn't scared then you wouldn't have to."

"Maybe so but still, I like taking care of you. It makes me happy."

You didn't get to respond before rain began to pound harder on the earth. Levi cooed small hushing sounds, completely pulling you onto his lap as one arm hugged you to him and the other hand rubbed your arm.

"It's okay Y/n, i'm right here."

Your cuddled your face into him, a trickle of relief coming to you when you could smell him ever time you breathed in. You knew Levi would protect you, even if it was from nature itself, you would be safe with him.

With that thought you drifted off, Levi's quiet 'I love you's' lullabying your body into sleep.

a/n- y'all i am SO sorry that i've been doing so much Levi recently, it's just people like him (and i am one lol) and they request him and i'm here to serve all of you so if it's levi content you want then ITS LEVI CONTENT YOU GET

how are you?

this was a request by Ninathecutekiller123

you look perfect love <3