Thirty-Five

"I don't know how she does it." James said waving his hands in Aries direction. "All she did was make Hardwin feel bad for her." James said wide eyed.

"Hey at least we're out of detention, we all saw that one coming." Sirius shrugged. He'd watched her get him out of bad situations for years.

Even back at Grimmauld Place, she could always get him out of trouble...when she wanted to.

"I can't believe how long girls can hold a grudge. I mean, don't they have anything better to do?" Peter asked.

"Trust me, girls can hold a grudge for as long as they want." Remus chuckled as he read his book.

"I swear, Moony, if you don't put that book away." James warned.

Remus rolled his eyes, nonetheless he put his book in his bag as the four continued down the corridors towards Hagrid's Hut.

"I just don't understand, we apologized, what else does Evans want me to do? Gift her a pet? Take her on a date? I'd do the latter in a heartbeat." James sighed.

"I don't think she would take either of those from you, mate. No offense, but you don't seem to be on her good side." Sirius chuckled.

"Well, what about you, Mr. expert of advice. You can't even get McKinnon to look at you." James retorted.

"I can get McKinnon to talk to me, easy." Sirius shrugged.

The group paused in the corridor. "Really, we have to do this now?" Remus sighed.

"Go ahead and show us how it's done, she's right over there." James pointed over to a short blonde.

Her back was turned to them, she was talking to another Slytherin he didn't know.

Her skirt showed off her legs and just the right amount of skin to make his head spin and his thoughts overpower.

Her button up was untucked with her top buttons open, the white thin shirt leaving barely enough to his imagination. Her hair had been tied up, he could barely see the blue tips that had faded.

He felt his heart flutter when she laughed, it was like music to his ears, wanting nothing more than to step over and make her laugh again.

But all good thoughts come to an end. Prewett strode over, wrapping an arm around Marlene.

Sirius hid the scowl on his face and only hoped the boys wouldn't notice his tense demeanor.

He stuffed his hands in his pocket and shrugged. "She's busy." Sirius said, not daring to look at her again.

"Bu- you just said?!" James said exasperatedly.

Remus and Peter seemed to be the only ones of the group that understood.

Remus had a sad smile on his face while Peter was trying to hold back a grin.

"Hey, I think I see Evans, over there." Peter gestured towards where Marlene and Gideon were now in a full on makeout, Lily was standing in front of Aries.

Aries was slanted against the wall, listening intently to Lily while finishing up the most recent Liam Handleys book, "Not a Soul".

Sirius could only wish he never looked, seeing as he was already in a bad mood. He was practically glaring at Gideon now, not bothering to even hide it.

Remus had a small sympathetic expression on his face towards Sirius, not because Gideon was the leading one, but Marlene was the one pressing to him.

His hands in her denim skirt back pockets, her body against his and her arms around his neck.