You're a good kid.

Monday 4:00pm

Monday 4:00pm

"She's a beautiful girl Key." Gino complimented me on Bailey as we sat in his truck in front of Jah's house.

"Thank you Gino."

"I can see you really love her. It's all in your body language, around her. I even see it in your eyes." He started. "It's the same way your father used to look at your mother."

My heart began to race. My father?

"Gino, you knew my father?" I asked him trying to stay calm.

He wouldn't look at me.

"I need you to come to a meeting with me tomorrow morning and check some things out." He told me ignoring my question.

I didn't answer him. He turned and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"There are things I want to share with you Keyaun, but I don't think it's my place." He admitted.

"Gino, you're the closest thing I have to a father, and I didn't even know Eugenio was your whole first name til just now. Ricky never gave a fuck about me, he jus dealt wit me to keep my mom happy. And she won't tell me shit about my real dad." I stated. "I hate all the secrets in this family."

"You remind me a lot of myself, Key. You're a good kid, and I want to see you succeed." He said rubbing his beard.

"Where do you need me to go?" I finally asked.

"I'll text you the address in the morning. I need you there by 8. Can you do that?" He asked.

"I gotchu." I said.

He started up the truck and I got out.

I was unsure about this meeting in the morning, but I knew better then to tell Gino no.