Chapter 1: Luminosa

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Taeyong asked his father, the King of Luminosa

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Taeyong asked his father, the King of Luminosa. They two were alone together, standing by the window of the council room.

It had been a short council meeting, one full of minor updates. That's when the King had made the decision to invite not only the light realms but the dark realms as well for the annual Summer Solstice Ball.

"There's no harm in sending them invitations." The King said, staring out the window with a small smile. "They might not come."

"Feu has already accepted." Taeyong told him. "I don't have a good feeling about this. We've been at peace for so long without interacting with the dark realms. Changing that might not be the best idea."

"Son." The King turned his head, placing a hand on Taeyong's shoulder. "There will be a time where you will be in my position and think back about what you have done throughout your time as king. Sure, we may have lived in peace but Orenda is more than just the four light realms. If given the opportunity to connect all eight again, wouldn't you take it?"

"I guess." Taeyong mumbled, still unconvinced. His father chuckled, giving his son another pat.

"Don't worry, you know how powerful our guards are. Luminosa will be fine, there's nothing to worry about."

If you say so, Taeyong thought as he watched his father walk out of the council room, a light bounce to his step.

...

"You're kidding, right?" Jiwoo exclaimed as Jungwoo chuckled, not bothered at all. "That's a terrible decision."

The next generation of royals were spread across the waiting room, each doing their own activities. The three oldest of the group were talking about the council meeting and the decisions made, ones that some of them did not agree to.

"I don't think it's terrible." Jungwoo argued, earning a look from Jiwoo. "Just not the best decision in my opinion."

"What decision?" Yangyang asked, joining the group, Aera close behind.

"Yeah, I want to hear too!" Aera chimed in, jumping up and down with her hands on the back of Taeyong's chair. "You're talking about the ball, right? Did Erde confirm yet? Is Jisung coming?"

"All you care about is Jisung." Yangyang giggled, making Aera stop jumping, a pout forming on her face.

"No, I care about everyone!" Aera argued. "Jisung is just the closest to my age. You're all old."

Taeyong shook his head as the two began bickering and could tell Jiwoo was just as fed up. The girl was leaning back in her seat, arms crossed and a serious look to her face.

"This is bad, Taeyong." Jiwoo told him. "We haven't interacted with the dark realms for centuries. I'm pretty sure they still hold a grudge against us for winning the war."