7: A visit to mum

Haider Jega

I watched as she operated on him. She was good, That I couldn't deny it. I was scared a little when I couldn't get a heartbeat from the new heart we had implanted in him. I didn't want to lose him, he is the only brother I have from my mother and his life depended on me.

"The heart is beating," Doctor Sarah said. A smile immediately graced my lips and I didn't know when I had hugged DK tightly. I hugged her as if my life depended on it, making the net on her head fall off. She didn't smile but I knew she was happy as well, she nodded while putting back the net on her hair which was tied in a bun. She walked out of the operation theater and I followed behind her. Leaving the other doctors to their work. I was their senior after all, though they were older than me.

"DK" I called her name and she turned around.

"Yes Your highness," She said.

"Thanks for saving my little brother," I said and she smiled. An enchanting smile that made my lips stretch into a smile as well, she looked very beautiful with a smile on.

"Your brother? You're welcome" she said all at once and I nodded with a stern face. I couldn't let her beautiful face get the best of me. I forced a smile and returned to the operation theater.

After an hour, we were done with everything, and my brother was taken to a room where he was laid to rest. I felt relieved knowing he had a new heart, I was extremely happy to see my brother breathing to this date.

Dk was standing outside the door while I remained in the room with Khalifa, my brother. I smiled happily while staring at him, it was already getting late so I had to leave him to hear under the close watch of three male nurses. I put a CCTV camera in other to monitor their movement in the room. My brother was my number one priority and I have to protect him.

The moment I stepped outside, I saw DK seated on the floor. She looked extremely tired, she did a lot today after all.

"DK" I called her name and she immediately rose from where she sat.

"Yes Your Highness," She said calmly.

"We are going to my mother's house, it's the closest to the hospital," I said and she nodded. Though she looked as though she had more to say and she looked very confused.

We both walked together with her behind me. We arrived outside to find my driver Jabar asleep. "Jabar" Dk half yelled and he immediately woke up.

"I'm so sorry your Highness" He immediately apologized but I smiled at him and entered the car while Dk sat in front as usual. We drove to my mother's house which was just fifteen minutes away from the hospital, my mother was sick and Fatima had to take care of her. That's why my brother is alone. As for his father, the king. I'm very sure early in the Morning he will come here immediately after he returns from Zazu.

As soon as We alighted In front of the great GENERAL ZAKARI KANJARO'S mansion, the gate automatically opened and we drove in. We got out of the car and DK followed behind me and so did Jabar because he will be sleeping in his regular room which he stayed in whenever we come to spend a week with my mum.

On arriving at the mansion, Jabar headed for his room while I made a maid take DK to the guest room. I went over to my mother and saw her laying on the bed with Fatima by her side. They were fast asleep and they looked very peaceful. I checked the time on my phone and it read 3:55 AM. It was very late and I also needed sleep so I gently went out and headed straight to my room. I'm sure my stepdad must be back by now and even asleep so I didn't bother to check up on him. That night I slept like a child.

The next morning came like a blur and I was having the most painful headache ever, mostly because I was woken up by a knock. I had slept immediately after fajr and when I glanced over at my watch, it read 10:22 AM. Which meant I had slept in and they were all waiting for me in other to have breakfast, my mum always loves it when we eat together whenever I'm here. I decided to answer the knock on the door and I saw a maid who told me that my mum said I should come right down now. I rolled my eyes and slammed the door on the maid's face. Thank God I had bathed immediately after fajr if not I would have to Bath again now. I washed my face in the toilet and wiped it with a face towel and headed downstairs after wearing black sweatpants and a blue shirt. Those were the little clothing I had left here.

"MUM," I said immediately after I got downstairs. I kissed her on her forehead and she smiled.

"Your bodyguard told me the operation was okay, how's my son? Why didn't you just bring him here?" My mother bombarded me with questions.

"You know dad has forbidden his sons from coming to see you, but I love you too much to leave you" I picked up her spoon and scooped the food, and dipped it into my mouth. I noticed DK wasn't in the room so I had to ask mum "mum where's my bodyguard?" I asked.

"She's with Fatima, she's helping her take the goods inside the store room. They'll be here soon" she said and then added, "Why a girl?" She asked.

"Dad's choice, Trust me I don't like the idea too," I said, she simply sighed and drank down a cup of orange juice. Just then, my mother's husband, A great soldier. General Zakari approached us with a smile on his face.

"Habibi you're here" His smile could light up a candle. He immediately came to me and hugged me tightly.

"Dad, how are you?" I said to him.

"I'm good Habibi," He said. My stepdad loved calling me Habibi. He said I was the son he never had.

Just then I saw DK and Fatima walking in with a smile on their face. Immediately DK spotted me, she nodded and turned around to walk outside.

"Dk" I called unto her "Come and Eat," I said, that was the list I could do to repay her for what she had done for me.

My stepdad turned around in bewilderment and said "DK?" The moment the both of them fist their eyes together. DK fell to the ground, she had fainted with terror in her eyes.