Chapter 8: Hermione Remembers

I spent the majority of the weekend cooped up in my dorm, catching up on school.

Ginny had always invited me out with her and Neville to The Three Broomsticks during our breaks, but I didn't feel like being out. I wouldn't have known how to explain myself if I fainted with them. Even though I'm aware of it being my fault, I've built a wall between myself and the other gryffindors.

I'm absolutely terrified of how they would react to what I've been hiding from them. I could just see their faces fall as I tell them I'm, as Ron would put it, "Fraternizing with the enemies".

Ginny had asked me over breakfast the other morning about mine and Adrian's relationship. I simply shrugged and said it didn't work out, not being able to keep giving her hope over a fake relationship of mine.

It was nice having an off week, not having to stress about a game, or at least a slytherin game. Everyone was very eager to see who we were going up against for the finals, but something instinctively told me it would be gryffindor.

I had also been thinking a lot about Draco and I. I know I'm attracted to him physically, but is there really anything there for us besides that. In all honesty, I want there to be.

The more time I spend with him, the less time I want to spend apart.

He challenges me, but not as Ron or others do. Draco is willing to listen to my arguments, whether he still thinks they're wrong or right. Every conversation is fresh between us. He never lets me shy away from him, no matter how much I want to.

Maybe it's all too soon for me to feel these things, almost like a honeymoon faze, but I see nothing changing how I feel in this moment.

I met up with Neville and Luna before the gryffindor vs. ravenclaw game. Luna was wearing her signature house colors, but also including a small gryffindor pendant on her scarf. We climbed our way to the tops of the towers, finding a row near Seamus and Dean.

"Hermione!" Dean greeted as we approached.

I waved awkwardly, not wanting to engage in a conversation. I hadn't even wanted to be here, but after flying with Draco this morning, he urged me to go, saying I needed to go out with other people, that they can't figure out my secrets with just my presence.

He was right of course, I shouldn't let my life be eaten up by my time with the slytherins.

Dean gave me an odd look, but said nothing to me after that.

It was a perfect day for quidditch. The sun was shining high in the sky, warming everyone up from the chill breeze. Gryffindor was announced first, followed by ravenclaw.

Once the quaffle was released, I enjoyed the comfort of watching someone other than Draco zoom around after a snitch. At one point Harry even spotted me from the stands and gave me a surprised smile.

Ginny was busy scoring left and right, while Ron was trying to stay steady on his broom. I saw when he caught sight of me in the stands, losing focus of the game. I want Harry and Ginny to do well, but I simply couldn't bear it if they had to play against slytherin next week.

But from the looks of it the odds weren't in my favor. Our chasers were working tirelessly, making us almost 70 points ahead of ravenclaw when Harry caught the snitch.

The crowd roared around me, students already making their way down the tower to storm the field and celebrate.

Luna and I were trailing behind them when that same light headed feeling started again. This time I knew to stop and grab hold of something when I blacked out.