Chapter 71

dad
daughter, we need to talk.

'fuck that shit.' you think as you throw your phone on your bed. twirling your white strand with your fingers, you look in the mirror and study your reflection. you'll admit you do like the u.a uniform but it would be so much better if they gave you guys hats.

pulling up your high black socks, you straighten out your skirt when you hear your phone ding again. at the same time, your door gets knocked on. "come in" you call out as you grab your phone and turn it on.

dad
i know you're reading these messages

"hi my love." you hear the voice of izuku. you close out the messages app and shut your phone off before turning to izuku with a small smile. "hi." you breathe out.

"something wrong?" izuku asks, lighting furrowing his eyebrows. you scan his body, seeing how well the u.a uniform fits him. how well it outlines all of his perfections. he notices you checking him out and he smiles softly.

"um.." you hesitate, thinking on whether you should tell him or not. deciding not to for now, you click the top of your mouth with your tongue before looking at him. "nope."

"you're a horrible liar."

his statement makes you sigh in defeat. now you have to tell him. "you're just a really good observer." you fire back as izuku brings you in his arms. "what's wrong?" he asks. you rest your chin on his shoulder, lazily draping your arms on his shoulders. "old man's being persistent."

"you have to talk him y/n. avoiding him isn't gonna help."

"it worked for all these years."

letting go, you back away from izuku and start to fiddle with his really short tie. izuku frowns at the frown on your face until he sees something shine from your neck. his frown turns into a smile when he sees the chain to your necklace around your neck. even though it's tucked in because u.a doesn't allow jewelry to show, he knows it's his name that you're wearing.

"you're out of house arrest, right? it's your first day back?" you ask and izuku grabs your wrists. "yep! and i really wanna catch up." izuku says with a determined smile.

"then let's go." you say as you walk past him. "right!" izuku says with excitement, opening your door and letting you walk out first.

"y/n what's a hero work study?" izuku tries again.

"sorry. can't tell you." you turn him down for the tenth time.

i'm 🤏🏼 close to changing the time skip.

"guys, i'm sorry for all the trouble i've caused!" izuku yells as you both step into the classroom. thanks to mina, everyone and their mother knows you two are now together. not that you completely mind, you just would've liked for the news to come out in a different way.

"no sweat, deku! thanks for your hard work." uraraka says. "all he did was vacuum." jirou bluntly comments, making you snort out a laugh.

"class rep iida! i'm sorry i disappointed." izuku says, choosing to ignore jirou's comment. "right. well i'm glad you learned from your mistakes. follow the rules from now on!" iida responds.

"i'll catch up with everything i fell behind on these past two days!" izuku says with determination. "you didn't miss much." you comment, throwing your hands behind your head.

"what no! you're just smart enough that you easily got through this weeks work!" kaminari retorts, making you shrug. "that's fighting the spirit! do it man!" kirishima cheers on izuku, ignoring you and kaminari's small exchange of words.