²⁹ I Saved Him

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ²⁹ - ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏғ sᴛᴀʀᴄᴏᴜʀᴛ

❛ ᴅɪᴅ ɪ sᴀᴠᴇ... ʜɪᴍ? ❜

"The Mind Flayer built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill them and pave a way into our world," Mike explained.

Ven finished wrapping El's leg and took a seat on the other side of Hopper on the bench while the others stood around.

"And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it." Nancy sighed, crossing her arms, swaying back and forth, watching as Hopper wrapped his arms around both siblings.

"How big is this thing?" Hopper asked, looking up at the group, holding El and Ven tighter.

"Big," Ven spoke up, leaning his head against Hopper's shoulder.

"Thirty feet, at least," Jonathan stated.

Lucas winced, "Yeah. It sorta destroyed your cabin. Sorry."

"Okay, so, Just to be clear, this...this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic...weapon." Steve looked at Nancy and Jonathan in confusion.

Nancy nodded, "Yes."

"But instead of, like, screws and metal, the mind flayer made its weapon with melted people."

"Yes, exactly." Nancy grinned as Robin and Steve shared a look.

"Y-yeah, okay. I-i'm just making sure." Steve pursed his lips.

"Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" Joyce exclaimed.

"El beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive." Max sighed.

"But if we close the gate again--" Will started.

"We cut the brain off from the body."

"And kill it, theoretically," Lucas said.

"Yoo-hoo!" Everyone turned when the shout was followed by papers rustling, seeing Murray walking towards them with his arms in the air, waving his hands that were full of paper. "Yoo-hoo!"

Everyone glanced at each other with furrowed brows before going over to the table where Murray slammed the papers on, where they could see was drawing off the mall mapped out.

"Okay, this is what Alexei called the hub. The hub takes us to the vault room." the balding man said.

Ven read the man's mind, understanding what he was saying before ignoring all the conversation, opting to step closer to Lucas, who just wrapped his arm around the boy.

Erica raised her brows and puffed air when she saw this but ignored her brother and his 'friend', talking to Murray, shutting the man down.

"I'm sorry, why is this four-year-old speaking to me?"