Princess' Tea Party

A few days later

It's worse than anyone thought. Gelidus is so painful, Melanie takes so much medicine she can a day. 

She might need a new set of medicine by the end of the week.

"My lady!!!" Chloe rushed into the room, holding a letter.

"What is it?" Melanie says, who was sitting on the bed and reading some history books.

"The I-imperial p-princess..." Chloe stuttered as she gave the letter.

The letter was sealed with the Imperial crest, Melanie with no hesitation opened it, along with unfolding the letter. 

"Dear Lady Melanie,

I, the Imperial Princess would like to invite you to my grand tea party that will be held a few days from now. 

Presents are optional, but please bring in sweets, all the ladies will be sharing. 

Sincerely, Princess Lilianne Estiellot" 

"I see." Melanie says, then throws the letter away and lays back down. 

'There's no way I'm going.' She thought.

Lilianne Estiellot, the Imperial Princess. Her brother is the crown prince, Peter Estiellot a male lead in the novel.

What makes matters worse, Lilianne is the main villainess of the story.  A little background for her, since her brother will be crowned prince, she was neglected by her family. 

Although, Peter took care of his sister well. When Gracey came in, all Lilianne thought of was get rid of the woman who stole her brother.

It wasn't this complicated in the original novel, but once you look into it there is much more meaning to these relationships.

"My lady, you must attend! This is a special invitation from her highness, and only a few people are invited!" Chloe said.

"She probably just wants minions for her villainess act." Melanie mumbled.

"Please!" Chloe said with her body cowering and her puppy eyes.

"Okay fine." Melanie groaned.

'The princess' tea party... I shouldn't get involved with her but I also can't avoid her...' Melanie sighed.

...

Day of the tea party

Melanie wore a beautiful steel blue dress that was long enough to touch the ground. It was tight, which showed her body's shape more. Along with it's sleeves being thin layered that reached her wrists, and a backless touch to the dress.

She glanced at the mirror, 'How beautiful...' she thought, never in her life would she expect to see herself wear such a stunning dress. 

Her old self would have never had the chance to wear anything like this, as her thoughts flood her head...

"My lady, it's time to go!" Chloe cheerfully said, making Melanie forget her train of thought.

"Okay!" She happily responded.

---

At the venue

Melanie was assisted by a knight off the carriage, the venue was in an open garden, with greenhouses that were made out of glass, and unique flowers were all over the place. Fountains made the garden look dazzling.