Chapter twenty-six - Objection

George was zoning out as Wilbur kept talking about commitment and love or whatever. It was all lies. Quackity would never love him the way Dream once did.

"Bing!" The large church doors swung wide open, hitting the walls. George turned his head toward the sound, so did the rest of the audience. George squinted his eyes and tried to make out the three figures that stood at the doorway.

Suddenly he heard the voice, one that he thought he'd never get to hear again. "I OBJECT!!" The voice shouted through the grand wall.

George couldn't believe it, no way. Dre- No, he was dead. It couldn't be him. Right?

Wilbur's face grew into a huge smile. "This is what I was hoping would happen!" He squealed like a schoolgirl.

Quackity looked pissed and turned to the King, George's father, "I thought I told you to get rid of him?" His voice was filled with venom.

"I put him on the front lines for two weeks straight! Day and night. I don't know how someone could live through that." The King confessed.

George's heart stopped. So, Dream was still alive... George turned to look at Quackity and His father. His mind was full of relief but it was also burning with anger with both men in front of him. "You did what?! You were trying to kill him well he fought for your country? What kind of King are you? And Quackity, You are the most selfish cry baby I know! Just because you couldn't have me, you put thousands of your own people in danger! You two are both complete idiots. And you don't deserve the people that serve you!" George didn't know where all this confidence came from but it quickly vanished when he looked into his father's eyes.

"How dare you talk to me that why." The King scowled. He balled up his fist and aimed for George's jaw.

George closed his eye and braced for impact... But it never came. George opened up his eyes slowly to see Wilbur holding the King's fist in his hands. Wilber spoke, "I wouldn't do that if I were you. There are thousands of people looking at you right now. Do you really want them to see you beat up your son on his wedding day?"

The King's eyes flashed with hatred but he stopped and pulled away.

George let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He then turned his attention to the knight at the doorway. The boy was closer now and George could easily make out who it was. His heart sped up and he felt weak in the knees. He took a step toward him, then another. He refused to blink, he was afraid if he looked away for even a moment the green boy in front of him would disappear.

George stopped a few feet away from Dream. He couldn't believe this was real, all he could do was gaze fondly at him.

Dream smiled lovely at him, "How dare you have a wedding and not invite me." His voice was full of sarcasm, but his fondness for the boy in front of him still shined through.

George felt hot tears roll down his light pink cheeks. "I-" He swallowed, "I thought you were dead... They told me you-"

Dream broke the gap between them, hugging George tightly. "Hey, it's okay. I'm okay. I'm here, and I'm never leaving you again. And I mean that this time." Dream kissed a tear away from George's cheek. He pulled away but took George's hand into his. He guided them onto the stage.

Quackity and The King were both giving him the death glare. Wilbur on the overhand was beaming, "Before either of you Kings try and silents George's knight here, I just want to point out that in the marriage handbook it says you HAVE to hear out all objections. You guy's don't want to break the law, right?" Wilbur smiled ear to ear.

"I should have become a lawyer," Quackity murmured under his breath.

Wilbur turned to the audience, "Let's hear what this man has to say!" He looked at Dream, "Take it away."

Dream took a deep breath and squeezed George's hand, " I objected for a simple reason, I'm in love with the Prince." There were a few gasps in the audience. "I met George two months ago. I was sent on a mission to find him after he ran away from the castle on his birthday. I found him easily and was shocked at his beauty. Not only is he gorgeous on the outside, but he's also even more beautiful on the inside." Dream turned to George, "He changed my life. Before I met Him I was always chasing the next high, Trying to prove myself to everyone around me. But when I'm with him, I don't care what people think of me. All I care about is what he thinks about me. And it's always been good things. He doesn't care about your ranking, or your past, all he cared about is your heart. And I'll be honest, I haven't been the best knight. I've let him down on multiple occasions. But he's never given up on me. And I love him with all my heart... I always will. I love you, George."

George blushed like crazy, "D-dream, I-i feel the same way. I love you. You were the first person to treat me with kindness in such a long time. I'm not used to people loving me, touching me and speaking to me. And even though I'm weird and awkward, you've only ever showered me with love. You're always so gentle with me. You truly are the love of my life. I never want to live in a world without you. When I thought you had d-dead, I didn't want to continue. Dream, I need you. Please never leave me again." George started crying again. All the emotions he had pushed down for the past two weeks were bubbling up to the surface.

Dream gentle wiped away George's tears with his thumb. "I won't. I promise."

George buried his face into Dream's chest. Dream smiled and wrapped his arms around George's lower back. They were both lost in their own little world. Both completely forgetting that three thousand people were watching them.

Karl stood up and started clapping, Sapnap and Bad joined in. Soon they had the whole congregation on their feet, clapping.

Dream and George pulled away and looked around dumbfounded. "What is happening?" George turned to Wilbur, who was in tears. "Are you okay, Wilbur?"

"It was just so b-beautiful." Sniff, "You two must really love each other." Wilbur grabbed a tissue and blew his nose.

"I-it was surprisingly moving," Quackity said with watery eyes. "I think I ship you guys now... Sorry, I tried to murder you."

Dream pulled George closer to himself, "As long as you don't go near George, we'll be alright."

George smiled into Dream, "I'm so happy you're okay. Please never die on me again."

Dream chuckled, "I wasn't planning on it."

The King frowned at them. "It looks like I have to let you two be together, the whole kingdom seems to have fallen for you, Dream."

Dream take a step toward the King. He spoke in a low whisper, for only him and the King to hear. "You are the one person I can never forgive. Did it make you feel better about yourself to beat George? Huh? Did it make you feel more powerful? Well, I hope it was worth it. Because I'm going to make sure George overthrows you. And that you never touch him again. Understand?" Dream turned away from him and walked back over to George.

"What was that about?" George asked.

Dream leaned in close to him, "Don't worry about it." He placed a sweet, loving kiss on George's lips.