Ch. 49

Key's POV

I walked in Cali's living room. I just came from Pjay nem house picking AK up. As I put AK down, he quickly ran towards Cali. He somehow managed to pulled himself up on the couch, and crawled onto her lap.

" Hi Papa." Cali said as she kissed his cheek.

I sat his bag down next to the couch.

" Get down. Go play with yo toys while I talk to ya momma." I said to AK as I took him outta Cali's lap placing him on the ground.

Cali looked at me instead of saying anything. Like usual she wouldn't talk until I forced a conversation outta of her. I sat down on the couch next to her.

" Cali."

She raised her eyebrows looking at me instead of using words.

" You know I'm not finna take that as answering me. Talk to me. Open yo mouth, and use ya words." I said sternly.

" What Key?" She said lowly as she sighed.

" Last night, that's what. You damn near demolished the entire room. It's one thing to do that when it's just you and ya parents, but you did that shit while AK was here."

" I know. I fucked up, ok? I'm sorry. It won't happen again." She said.

" We worried about you, and how you doing mentally."

" I'm fine." She said emotionless.

" No, you not. You—" Before I said anything Cali quickly cut me off.

" Key, I honestly don't feel like talking bout this right now." She said as she sighed deeply.

" And that's the problem. Every time you experience something traumatic you don't wanna talk to nobody. I think you should go to therapy." I said being straight forward.

" Therapy? I'm not seeing no therapist. Did I let my anger get the best of me last night? Yes, but I also apologized fa it, and I promise it won't happen again. I said I'm fine numerous of times, so what I need to go fa?" She said as she nonchalantly shrugged her shoulders.

" Yes, therapy. Soooo, you just gone act like you haven't been isolating yo self from everybody? You shutdown without even realizing it. I'm the only person that can get a conversation outta you. You have anxiety, panic attacks, nightmares, and you're emotionally detached."

" I mean what do you expect. I had a wreck. It'll all go away eventually. There's nothing to talk about."

I sighed, " It's not just the wreck that's causing all of this. It's way deeper than that, and you know it. It's a lot to talk about. You had a miscarriage at 16, then a couple of months later Shy was killed, yo club was set on fire, and now this. You've been through a lot just fa you to be almost 24. You feel like you can deal with everything on your own, but in reality you can't. Sometimes you need other folks to help you, and that's ok. It doesn't make you look any less strong or nun like that. You can't just be holding everything in, you gotta let it out. Cause if you don't, you'll just cause yourself to go crazy, and ion want A'Kyrie growing up seeing you like that. You gotta get some help Karin." I said truthfully.

When I had mentioned AK's name he looked up at us. He smiled as he walked back over towards us.

" Mama, hmm." A'Kyrie said as he smiled at Cali handing her one of his car toys.

" Awww, thank you Papa." She smiled as she took it from him.

He tapped on his lips letting her know he wanted a kiss, so she carefully leaned down without hurting her arm. AK gave Cali a kiss, and he just rested his forehead against hers as he rubbed her leg for a few seconds before going back to play.

She looked back up at me with tears in her eyes nodding her head, " Ok, I'll go. Fa the sake of my baby."

I gently pulled her into a hug rubbing her back. She stayed there fa a while until she got up drying her tears.

" I don't want him to see me crying." She said referring to AK.

" He ain't even paying no attention to us. He in his own lil world." I said as I looked over at him he was playing with his cars.

We quickly turned around as we heard the front door open. Trey walked in like he was on a damn mission.

" Now, look here Caliana you going to therapy and I'm not taking no fa an answer. I'm only being hard on you cause I love you, so yo ass is going! Ion care if I gotta drag ya ass out this house my damn self. Cause dat shit you pulled yesterday was unacceptable." He said in a stern tone as he pointed towards ha.

I busted out laughing cause he was dead ass serious.

" What da fuck is so funny? This a serious matter. So, get serious nigga!" He said to me.

" You late bruh. I already got ha to agree to it." I said proudly.

" Aww, hell thank God! Cause whew, I hate raising my voice at ha." He sighed as he sat down on the other couch causing Cali slightly smile, but it wasn't a full smile.

I shook my head at him.

" Well, if it makes you feel any better. I'm going to therapy too. So, don't feel like you in this alone." Trey said to her.

" Really, why you going?" Cali asked.

" Everybody can use a lil bit of therapy. I still got problems I ain't quite worked out yet, and I think us going through this healing process together can bring us even closer than we already is." Trey said.

" Thank you. I really appreciate dat." She said as she looked at Trey.

" We already got ha appointment set up for Friday. So, I can send you the info so you can make you an appointment too." I said to Trey.

He nodded his head, " Preciate dat bruh. I definitely will fasho."

" Wait, Friday? Ion think I'm be ready to get in a car by Friday." Cali said as she looked at me.

" Don't stress ya self out bout dat. I'ma handle dat, ight?" I said as I had an idea in my mind.

" Well, since dat's out da way. AK, I need to holla atcha bout ya cuzzin. Come hea." Trey said as AK got up and walked over towards him.

" I got $20 fa ya, all I need you to do is beat Tremani ass fa me. I'm talking bout pinch da nigga. Pinch da hell outta him. Hell, put him in a headlock if ya can." Trey said. 

AK started to look around fa Tremani which caused us to laugh.

" Not he really finna go do it." Cali said shaking her head.

" Lil nigga on go fasho. No talking just straight action." I laughed as I looked at AK really tryna find Tremani.

" He ain't hea bruh. He with his grandma, but keep dat same energy when you see him, and I gotchu. Cause he been getting beside himself." Trey said.

" Y'all always beefin. Ian neva seen somebody beef with they son like you do." I said shaking my head.

" I think he was one of my opps in his past life." Trey said.

" Dat's why he be whooping yo ass right there. Cause you talking bout him when he ain't hea to defend himself." Cali said.

This the most I done heard her talk to Trey, so I'ma take this as a good sign. She making some type of process.

——————

Cali & Trey are both going to therapy😊! Do y'all think they both need it🤔? How y'all think that's going to go👀? How y'all feel about this chapter☺️? Let me know in the comments😌! Make sure you vote it, comment, and follow me💯! Love y'all💞!