Chapter Twenty

"It is ok, there is no need to be afraid"

The thirteen-year-old boy glares at his father as he stands in front of his mother's hospital room protectively.

"Leave" Elliot spats, causing his father to let out a sigh.

"I'm your dad, not your enemy, Elliot" the said boy sneers at his father.

"You destroyed mine and mom's life, I don't want to see you again"

"I want you to return home with me and forget about your mother"

"You are a psychopath!"

Elliot clutches his fists tightly as Ethel smiles at him, patting his soft golden hair.

"If being a psychopath achieves my goal, it doesn't matter what the world thinks"

The CEO snaps out of his thoughts when he sees the smug look you are giving him.

"Why are you so smug?" Elliot spats, narrowing his eyes at you.

"Maybe it is the fact that you tasted your own medicine by grandfather" Elliot rolls his eyes at you with annoyance.

You feel happy that your father finally got to feel the same feeling you have every time he becomes possessive and controlling.

"Don't worry, we are leaving this house soon, Leo will make sure to report my disappearance to the police-" he gets cut off.

"I wouldn't depend on that if I were you, son"

Ethel says, after walking into the living room, dressed in his comfy home clothes.

"And why is that?" Your grandfather smirks at the question.

"That's because Leo works under me, he is the one who brought to me all your information the past few years"

The look on Elliot's face reveals how betrayed he is feeling right by the news of Leo being a spy under his father.

"So my assumption about him being a bastard was correct, a bitch working under a son of a bitch makes sense"

You sigh, rolling your eyes in displeasure as you lay back on the expensive sofa.

"So, there is no school for me, right?" you ask, causing the two men to look at you as if you were crazy.

You got kidnapped, and you care about whether you would go to school or not? Yeah, that's crazy.

"You are not going anywhere until we get-" Elliot once again gets cute off by his father.

"You are going to the Academy tomorrow and attend your lessons as usual."

Your father shoots up from his seat angrily.

"I'm the one who gets to decide that, not you" Ethel chuckles.

"No, you don't get to decide anything, you know why?"

Suddenly, you get a déjà vu, where have you heard that before?

"Because I own you"

Yes, you remember Elliot saying the same thing to you.

"Karma is a bitch, isn't that right, Papa?"

Elliot glares at you threateningly, causing you to shiver slightly.

You feel like you are going to get punished as soon as he sets a foot out of this mansion.

Which is by the way is correct guessing.

-------

"Oh, I didn't see your father driving you to school today, is he ok, (Y/n)" Asks Ms. Lori as she stares at you with her doe eyes.

"Yes, he is just busy with work, no need to worry" you lie smoothly.

"Well, tell him that I asked about him" she winks at you before walking away.

Once she is out of your sight, your face turns into a disgusted one.

"I wonder what they like in Elliot, he is a literal troll"

Suddenly, Owen, River, and Nathan appear by your side with big smiles on their faces.

"We are glad that you are back" Nathan exclaims as Owen places a hand around your shoulders.

"Indeed, but Owen is the most one who was dying without you" River teases.

"Yes, I didn't know what would have happened to me if I didn't look at your pics every day"

You and the two boys turn to look at Owen, who realizes his tongue slip immediately.

"Haha, it's just a joke, guys" you shrug.

"Anyways, I got to go to the bathroom right now, so if you will excuse me"

"I can escort you there" you giggle at Owen.

"No, it will be quick, you can wait for me at the cafeteria"

----

You look into the mirror after washing your face and hands, yet you don't pay attention to the new enterer.

Until you see the familiar face of Loren which made you gasp in fear as he shuts the door.

"What are you doing here?" you stutter out, getting nervous all of a sudden.

"Nothing, I'm here just to teach you a lesson"

You clutch your hands together in fear, trying to think of a way to get away from the senior.

Little does Loren and you know that Owen was watching you and saw Loren enter the same bathroom you are in.

And let me tell you that your friend is an expert in stabbing people in the gut with a pen.