Two

Harry's pov

The car ride was longer then I expected, just proving the fact that I was far from home. Even though the Tomlinson pack was only on the other side of the Great Lake, the road went around it and the surrounding forest. It was a reasonable trek, over forty minutes.

Times like these were ones I wished i could just change and run freely through the greenery.

But future Luna's don't do such things.

"What time will we get there, you reckon?" Niall spoke up, making me turn from looking out the car window. He was sat beside me, smile on his face as if he's already forgotten he left his whole old life just half an hour ago.

"Around seven." The driver replied, a friendly smile on his face. This man was the first impression of the Tomlinson pack, and is making it a good one so for.

I remained silent, looking down at my lap and fiddling with a loose string on my skinny jeans. I tried to swallow down the nerves, but nothing was helping.

I've been preparing for this day for most of my teens, since I was fourteen. It was always a lingering fact that this day would come, where I would leave my family to join another pack, mate with their future alpha and become the Luna one day.

And I can't say I was ecstatic about it.

I find how I was ' betrothed' to a boy I haven't seen since I was ten, kind of unfair. The countless fights I've had with my dad over it, only to upset my mum over the fact I was trying to decline her best friends son. All that's happened in the past has just put me off this whole idea. Mating should be done within ones free will.

But I can't change anything now. And it's for the greater good of the packs.

I'd just much rather be at home and find my mate on my own... because what if Louis isn't my true mate and I'm supposed to be destined for someone else. This types of thoughts have always haunted me.

"Don't be nervous, H." Niall squeezed my shoulder, the beta being my best friend and being able to sense my distress.

"Easier said them done." I mumbled, looking out the window to see the car turn down a familiar road I haven't been down in years. I know we're close now.

"You already know Louis right? I'm sure he's great. Alpha Mark is always nice, you're in safe hands. We're in safe hands." Niall smiled as I turned my head to him, smiling at his optimism.

"Yeah." Was all I said.

Because yeah Alpha Mark is nice, one of the kindest alphas I know besides my own dad, but Louis... I haven't seen him in years and my memories are limited to him having bright blue eyes and straight brunette hair that got in his way as we played down by the lake. He was always laughing, and he was always sharing. But it's been seven years, and time changes things.

I looked forward and spotted the Tomlinson pack coming into view through the wind screen.

"Wow." Niall murmured as we both studied the buildings.

Unlike our pack, they had more members and in the previous decades, had extended into making a small town. Most packs were villages now days, or suburbs when it came to cities, but I know our pack was small than average. Houses were lined up in streets, a large park in the middle of them, making them form a circle. I remember having a picnic on the grass there once.

But the pack house stood as the focal point. The road lead straight past the park, the tress and pond familiar. It led right up to the grand house that stood in the centre of the town. The pack house.

It was huge, standing at a similar size as back home. It was made of old stone with tall roofs that pointed to the sky, a large statue of the moon goddess on the centre one. I remember always loving the forest the large house bordered.

The car circled the large drive way, stopping in front of the door as I see Alpha Mark standing by front door beside two girls

The car circled the large drive way, stopping in front of the door as I see Alpha Mark standing by front door beside two girls. He's talking animatedly with the taller one, her talking back with the same angry frown. There are also the staff of the house lining up to the side, whispering and smiling to each other, obviously more excited then myself at my arrival.

Oh god.

"Ready?" Niall asks, hand on the door handle.

"As ready as I can be." I nod, taking a deep breath just as the driver opens my door.