Three

I step out carefully, so I don't make a complete fool out of myself. Niall waits for me on the other side of the car, a smile on his face as he looks up at the house in awe before back to me as I stand beside him. That's when we both turn to the people in front of us.

Alpha Mark stands with a smile on his, making my nerves decrease quickly. He has always been nice to me, a friend to my parents and pack way before I was born. And he's the only familiar face in this place really.

"Harry!" The alpha greets me, smiling widely. "How was the journey?"

"Longer then I remembered." I replied, now noticing the girl he was arguing with a moment ago is gone.

"I'm not sure if you remember, but this is Felicite." Mark pushes the brunette girl forward, who has been standing silently behind him. She gives a small smile, and I'm not shocked at how grown up she has gotten since I last saw her.

"Hi Felicite, I haven't seen you in so long. you must be what... eleven now." I smile at the girl, obviously shy as she hides behind her father, but she smiles back softly as she shakes her head.

"I just turned ten."

"Louis!" A high pitched shriek can be heard from inside the house, making us all turn to the commotion. The blonde girl from earlier comes storming out a second later, and all I can see is her resemblance to Jay.

"I'm sure you remember Lottie." Mark introduces with a huff, looking back inside just as another figure walks out.

He's pulling on a black tshirt, covering his chest so I only see a sliver of his stomach. His hair is brown, it becoming a chestnut colour as he walks into the sun. His face is clear and chiseled, his skin a honey tone from being out in the sun.

Fuck... is that Louis?

"Louis. Finally, you should have been here to greet your future mate." Mark snarls at the boy, failing to only address him. Louis only smirks back.

"Sorry. I was-" Louis freezes as we make eye contact. I feel my whole body pause, an unknown feeling racing through me as he stares at me. "...preoccupied."

"Well, this is Harry, and his hand maid." Mark smiles at me, completely unaware of Louis' hungry gaze. I try to ignore it too, and the butterflies that grow.

"Let's go inside shall we?" Mark offers. I just smile weakly back, heart quickening as I pass the young alpha inside the house behind Mark.

Niall is infront of me as we go up the ornate staircase. I look around the room in awe until I look behind me, seeing Louis at the bottom of the stairs, quickly raising his eyes, obviously looking at my ass.

Typical alpha.

I smirk at him, seeing him raise his eyes brows in surprise and his cheeks almost turning a shade of blush pink, before turning forward again.

Mark leads us down a long hallway that's to the right of the stairs, doors lining the walls. He opens the third to the left, revealing a plain room, grey walls with a double bed that matches the rest of the rooms furnishings.

"This will be your room Niall. Feel free to decorate it how you like." Mark explains, friendly smile at the blonde as he walks into the room. "Follow me Harry."

Mark leads me further down the hall, stopping when we reach the end. He opens the door to the right, pointing to the door that's at the end of the hall, beside mine.

"That's louis' room, well both yours eventually. Hopefully." I don't miss how he whispers the last word, but I just nod.

What does he mean 'hopefully'? I mean, we're gonna be mated and sharing a room kind of comes with that...

I step into my new bedroom, leaving behind my thoughts as I study it with wide eyes. It huge, and absolutely gorgeous. Their a queen bed against the feature wall, the wall decorated with wooden panels. It has a brown wooden theme around the room, the bed frame matching the side tables and large wardrobe on the far side. There's two windows letting light flood inches afternoon sun making a yellow tone caste throughout the room.

"I'll leave you to get unpacked. Dinners in a hour or so, just come down stairs to the dining room. It's not hard to find." Mark smiles at me, patting my shoulder before walking out.

I let out a sigh I didn't even know I was holding in. This room is at least two times bigger then mine back home. But I can't really focus on it extravagance due to how those blue eyes looked at me.

He's gorgeous.

But a feeling settles in my stomach. A nervous bug, telling me to be careful, aware. The word 'hopefully' comes ringing back into my head. What did he mean?

What was Louis 'preoccupied' with earlier?

"You've changed." A rasp from behind me makes me spin around, startled until I see Louis standing in the doorway, leaning on the frame. I ignore the nervous twinge in my belly.

"So have you." I reply confidently, turning around and walking up to my bags that have been placed at the end of the bed. "It has been seven years."

"I know." Is all he says, walking into the room and jumping onto the bed without invitation. I look up and scrowl at him, seeing how he messes up the perfectly made sheets. As well as... contaminate... the room with his scent.

And it's definitely not a pleasant pine smell, mixed with a saltiness as if he's been to the beach to much... not pleasant, definitely not.

"I hope you like the room, decorated it myself." Louis sits up, hands holding his upper body up as he looks around the room, ending with a smile on his face as our eyes meet.

"Really?" I ask, surprised that this alpha has such taste in interior design, if taste at all. Alphas aren't known to be the most artistic. Louis nods, sniffling a little as he looks to the ground, before looking up at me again with a cheeky glint in his eye.

I continue to unpack, placing clothes into the draws neatly, trying to ignore him. So focused on the task that I miss Louis coming over until I turn around as bump into him.

"Shit!" I gasp, holding my chest. "You scared me."

"Sorry, love." Louis smiles, and it's not a smirk. It seems genuine and he almost seems to be studying my face as I notice the small array of freckles dotted on his face.

I end up meeting his eyes, the blue the same brightness and with the same mischievous tinge to them as I remember. He looks right back at me, eyes darting between mine. A small tingle goes up my hand as I feel his fingers brush mine.

It's not until I hear someone clearing their throat, do I notice how close we're standing, almost chest to chest.

We both immediately step back, Louis turning around as we both look to the door way to see Niall standing there with a flushed look.

"Sorry... sorry to interrupt. It's just, Alpha Mark was looking for you Louis." Niall says, looking to me with a look that just screams 'what the fuck'.

Louis groans, huffing as he walks towards the door. Niall steps into the room to get out of the way, and Louis gives me one last glance before he's off down the hallway.

"What the fuck was that?!" Niall whisper yells as he comes rushing towards me. I just stare at him with wide eyes.

"I don't even know."