Chapter 9: ʟɪᴀʀ

Liar, liar, liar

I did everything you pleased

But I had to be deceived

You built a home without me

You're a liar, liar, liar

I was crawling at your feet

Now you'rе falling on your knees

Begging mercy pleasе

"Liar": Davina Michelle

Never ever think about challenging the universe

Never ever think about challenging the universe. Don't ever say "What else?" because it will answer right away with a "Challenge accepted!".

It was finally Wednesday.

I haven't answered Sarah's calls even when she called me last night after what happened on Sunday.

I felt bad for not answering her thinking that maybe something might have happened but something told me she was just fine. Perfectly fine and she only needed me to be her taxi again.

I arrived early at the bakery and picked up the cake. I ordered one on Monday to have something to celebrate with my dad. I bought his favorite.

My dad loved carrot cake and that's what I ordered. A "welcome back" message was written on it. I smiled looking at it.

I searched on my phone for the address and drove there. According to the GPS it was about two hours away.

I was excited. For the first time in a while, I felt nervous but happy.

Last week when I talked to him he said he was finally happy and hopeful for a new start.

He did sound like he was. I couldn't stop myself from smiling. My dad was finally back. My rock was finally back.

So I planned this whole surprise for him. I hope he likes seeing me...

I now stand in front of the building. My palms are sweating. What if he doesn't remember me? What if he's not happy to see me?

I take a few deep breaths and decide to get inside.

"Good morning!" Excitement is noticeable in my voice as I greet the receptionist.

"Good morning ma'am, what can I do for you?" She asked politely.

"My father is getting discharged today so I wanted to surprise him but I don't know the exact hour. His name is Derek Willson."

She nodded and began typing on the keyboard looking for his name.

"Ma'am I'm afraid there is no one under that name registered here. Did you get the facility correct?" She asked with a smile.