She Can Never Know

*The italics is when they're doing their little Modern Family interview scene*

They wake up in last night's clothes but their own bed. That's... never happened before. Bucky looks over at Y/N who is still sound asleep on her stomach facing away from him. He kisses her hair and gets up quietly, letting her rest. Bucky looks at himself in the mirror while he still wears the soldier costume. He is reminded of his first life. A happy one, before his fall. He almost hears the laughter between him and Steve as they wander around Coney Island, looking for a ride they can afford after he spent their train money trying to impress a gal... Soon after that, he'd be drafted for the war and their lives change forever. Bucky changes out of the costume, opting for sweatpants and a white shirt instead. He doesn't bother fixing his hair.

He goes downstairs to make them breakfast. He cracks two eggs on the pan and has bacon cooking on the side. He finds a recipe online for some fluffy pancakes and prepares the batter for it. He pulls out the oat milk from the fridge. He checks on the eggs, flipping them and the bacon and turns back to realise the oat milk has turned into almond milk. Huh... he carries on regardless. He pours the batter onto a clean buttered pan. This time it's the whole stove that changes from an induction to a gas stove. Okay, that's a little less subtle but he continues.

Once he has made a stack of pancakes and set the table he goes upstairs to wake Y/N up.

Out the window he sees Agnes walking the twins to her house.

"I've been suspicious of Agnes for a while now... I know that Wanda's magic is strong, it wouldn't just malfunction like this... right? And Agnes, well it seems that whenever something goes wrong here she's just popping up ya know?" Bucky says. "Like back at the library, she called me Sergeant Barnes, then she tries to make Geraldine look bad... it's like she knows more than she should. Especially if she's just some Westview Townie," Bucky thinks for a moment. "I dunno, I'm probably just being paranoid now that I don't have Wanda's mind control blanketing over my mind!" he laughs dryly.

"Hey sleepy head," Bucky says softly, shaking her awake.

"Mm I'm awake..." she replies sleepily.

"I made breakfast," he smiles.

Her eyes widen though still heavy with sleep. "Really?"

"Yep. Now get up superspy."

Y/N frowns, looking down at her outfit and groans. "Help me get out of it?" she asks.

Bucky chuckles. "Of course." He finds one of his shirts from the closet and some shorts for her. He comes back and she has unzipped the front and gotten out of the sleeves.

"Pull the legs?" Y/N sits on the bed, her legs swinging in front of her.

He can't stop himself from laughing as he catches them and holds onto the hem. He walks backwards and slips the suit from her. In their laughter, Y/N falls off the bed and Bucky falls to his knees.

"You're ridiculous," he kisses her then picks up the suit to put in the hamper.

"Thank youuu." She accepts his outstretched hand that pulls her up. She gets dressed in the clothes Bucky picked out and wraps her arms around his neck, getting on the tips of her toes to kiss his neck. She attempts to get frisky, her hands travelling downwards but Bucky stops them in their tracks.

"Breakfast is gonna get cold," he teases as he picks her up bridal style and walks them down the stairs as she squeals.

They get to the table and Bucky frowns. The pancakes turned into waffles? And the orange juice he set out is now apple juice. Even the table is different, reminiscent of their round table from the 70s.