89. revived

I stood frozen in place, my heart pounding in my ears as my breath became ragged.

It couldn't be him. This couldn't be Bellamy standing in front of me right now.

But it was his face, his voice, his smile...but Bellamy was dead.

This had happened once before. He had miraculously appeared after all of us thinking he was dead...but I couldn't believe that something such as that could happen twice. Clarke had been so sure he was dead, so sure she had killed him.

So for that reason, my gun stayed raised, pointed directly at the man I loved. This couldn't be him, it had to be some kind of trick Cadogan was playing on me. It couldn't be Bellamy.

Bellamy- or the mind trick who look exactly like him- took a small step toward me, his face falling. "Baby, it's me."

My chest heaved more rapidly with each breath as I locked my jaw, still not wavering. I couldn't let my guard down. "That's impossible."

His eyes met mine, and I felt myself falter slightly...it looked so much like him.

He placed his hands out in front of him, trying to calm me down. "Ave, please believe me. It's really me."

I readjusted my grip on the gun. "Prove it."

He didn't look offended by my words, as if he had been expecting my uneasiness. "Okay." He whispered, giving me a small nod. "Okay."

My focus stayed locked on him as he lowered his hands slightly, preparing to speak. "Your favourite colour is green." He started, his eyes not leaving my own. "But not the bright green. You love the colour green like the trees and the moss. You never realized how much you loved it until we got down to Earth."

What he was saying was entirely true...but it wasn't enough yet.

I didn't move as he kept going. "You have two scars from being shot. One on your right leg, just above the knee. The other on your stomach, just over from your hip bone."

When I still didn't lower the gun, he continued once again. "You have a small scar above your left eyebrow,  from when you were six. Your brother accidentally pushed you into the corner of a table. And you broke your wrist when you were eight. It never set properly, so it still hurts you sometimes."

My breathing was becoming more rapid as he continued on. These were things that I had never told anyone except him. But could they have stolen his memories, were they capable of that?

"That bracelet you always wear, it was your brother's. You took it off of him the night he died. You've worn it ever since. And the necklace. Finn gave it to you a bit before you got locked up. It's where you kept the ring I gave you when we were broken up. You never take it off either. Your brother was your best friend...and when you two were nine, you made up your own language so your parents couldn't understand you."

My heart clenched at his words. Memories of my childhood and of my brother that I had told him on late nights when I couldn't sleep. Nights when he held me after a nightmare. Nights when we laid together, our limbs tangled and our words quiet.

It was really him. It had to be.

Despite the shift of recognition in my face, he kept going.

"I called you Sunshine when we first got down to Earth. My little Sunshine. I loved you the minute I laid eyes on you. But you were the one to make the first move." His face flickered with a small smile. "You kissed me before a group of us left to unjam the radio signal that amount Weather was blocking. You couldn't come because of your leg."