Chapter 1

You would think a princess would be running through flower fields in beautiful gowns and dresses.

You would think a princess would spend her days learning etiquette and brushing up on her studies for her nation.

You would think a princess would fawn over the idea of finding romance with a prince from a faraway land.

But you are wrong in this case,

For the Princess of this nation was nothing but a ruthless warrior, she lead the Kingdom of Artemis to victories unimaginable. Clad in armour deemed only be worn by men, a gleaming sword of death in her hand as her dark locks of hair and icy blue cape stained in red, swayed in the wind of the floating embers of another blood bath of a battle won. The feeling of empowerment and victory overwhelmed her along with the guilt of the death of many rose to balance the scales of her humanity.

"Princess Hana!" A dark horse, a royal messenger rode towards her, settling beside her white stallion.

"What is it." She demanded, still staring ahead at the fields of death before her with her striking grey eyes. Bodies upon other bodies lay on each other from the massacre of another fallen nation they had conquered.

"The King and Queen request for your immediate return your highness."

Hana hummed in reply, "I will make haste in a moment." taking time to rake her eyes over the war torn horizon. Sounds of another horses hooves padded on the ground towards her. Her trusted general of the army came forth, the man she was waiting for, his handsome features stained with blood as his blonde hair swept in the wind.

"Your highness, we have surveyed the entire area, those who remain have given in. The Kingdom of Hermes has surrendered to us." The man gestured to the horizon for in the sky, pillars of white smoke were propelled in the air, the clouds trailed along the border of their country as a sign of surrender.

"Send men to clear the field immediately. I do not wish for any innocent eyes to see such a sight." She ordered before snapping her eyes onto the general, "Return to the castle after you carry out the orders at once, General Park."

"Of course your highness." He saluted graciously, fist upon his heart before turning away with his horse.

"Your highness?" The meek voice of the messenger spoke, she had momentarily forgotten his presence.

"Is there anything else?" She asked, peering at him.

"Y-yes well, you see— the Kingdom of Apollo—"

Before the messenger could finish she gasped, quickly turning her horse around before riding as fast as she could through her army, leaving the messenger in the dust letting out a deep sigh.

Hana rode her horse towards the castle at full speed. The mane of her pure white stallion in contrast to her dark locks of hair swept in the wind. Ceres was the name of her stallion, he was gifted to her at a young age and she had never ridden any other horse since. Ceres was her companion through the many years of being a lonely princess. Passing through fields of Hyacinth flowers and Lily's of the valley, she finally made it to the stables of the castle, tucked behind its lush grounds of its ethereal stature.

Dismounting her horse, she pressed her forehead against Ceres's own.

"You were incredible today Ceres." She whispered to the stallion who neighed heartily.

Seeing one of the stable men, she fished out a coin pouch and placed it into his hands, "Buy as many carrots as you can for all the horses, also treat yourself and the others for a celebratory night out." She gave him a quick smile.