XXXIX

"where were you? ive been looking for you for hours."

i tilted my head to the left, fixing my gaze on the incoming form of technoblade.

the crown wearing male approached at a quickened pace, his red cloak dragging through the snow behind him. the shifter had a firm hold on his netherite axe as he drew closer, coming to a halt by my side.

"hi tech." i sniffed quietly, rubbing my eyes with a swift motion.

his eyebrows furrowed, his nose scrunching up as he did so, causing his pale facial scars to contort along with it.

"what happened? are you hurt?" he asked, his voice monotone yet frantic.

i let out a light laugh, rubbing my arms with my hands to stimulate heat, which didn't help my situation as my eyes began to fill with tears again.

techno sighed, lifting his hands to unclip his cloak. in one fast movement, he had draped the red fabric over my bare shoulders, the fur trim tickling my neck.

i immediately began to warm up, my body basking in the residue heat from techno.

he lowered himself onto the bench beside me, rotating his form to face me.

his red eyes scanning my features with sympathy, an emotion that does not occur often for the pig shifter.

i inclined my head, now staring at my boots like they were the most fascinating thing on this earth.

"y/n." techno began as he reached his left hand up, his thumb and index finger ghosting the right side of my jaw. he rested his coarsened hand against my jawline, repositioning my head to face him again.

"tell me what happened." his tone had more emotion this time, a genuinely curious look was plastered onto his sharp features. his eyes examined mine as specks of white landed on his long eyelashes.

i recalled what happened just moments ago, replaying the words that had escaped dreams lips. the ones that had upset me so much i was on the verge of tears.

techno shifted his hold on my face, moving his thumb across my cheek to wipe a stray tear that had escaped.

"it was.." i paused, shutting my eyes tight causing a few more tears to slip down my face. the hot tears stung my icy cheeks, rolling down at a rapid speed.

"it was just- something i overheard. dream he um- and george- and then wilbur." i stopped, a shaky breath escaped my soft lips.

techno rose from his seated position, anger bubbling inside of him, his hand dropping from my face and going straight to his axe.

"ill kill him. i told him it was a bad idea-"

"its just been a long night- i want to go home, tech." i sniffed, the pink haired male nodded at my statement, his hand reluctantly moving from his belt.

"cmon then." techno reached for my hand, pulling me up. the tall male peered down at me, his cloak completely enveloping my frame.

he chuckled lightly before pulling me into an embrace, one of his hands resting on my lower back, the other making it's way to the back of my head, stroking my h/c locks.

i quickly settled into his hold, his toned arms securing my smaller form. i bunched my fists up, resting them against his sternum. i pressed my face into his chest, letting out a sob that was muffled by the fabric that lightly draped off of his torso.

techno hummed lightly as his rough hand caressed my hair, soothing me.

after a few moments i reluctantly pulled away from his hold, wiping my sore eyes of the leftover tears.

techno rested a hand on my shoulder for comfort, i glanced at his shirt which now had patches of damp, from my tears, staining the black fabric.

"im sorry." i mumbled, gesturing to his shirt.

the pink haired man looked down and smiled.

"thats the least of my worries right now, nerd." he rubbed circles on my shoulder with his thumb.

"lets get going, okay."

i nodded, walking down a set of stone steps into the darkened garden with techno.

i froze up for a moment, turning to the taller man.

"wait- the ball isnt over yet. i dont think any of the carriages will be leaving yet." i muttered, scanning technos face.

he shook his head lightly, wisps of his pink hair falling out of his braid.

"doesnt matter, i brought carl. lets go." techno took my hand in his, squeezing it gently.

the male then guided me around the castle grounds, to where he had left carl.

the armoured horse was tethered to a statue of a person, carved from marble. its dark mane catching the white grainy substance that still fell from the heavens.

i let go of technos hand so he could untie carl, the tall male walking forward and fidgeting with the rope. i pulled his cloak tighter around me, trying to absorb as much of the warm it radiated.

techno successfully released carl from his tie, guiding the large horse close to me.

"let me help you up." his eyes flickered over me as he rested both hands on my waist. he gripped me tightly and in one motion i was hoisted onto the horse, sitting side saddle.

techno jumped up soon after, adjusting his cloak on me so it covered my whole body. he wrapped his left arm around me, his right hand clutching the reins. i nestled into his warm hold, resting my head on his chest.

techno whipped the reins and we were off, carl galloping at a steady pace out of the kingdom. i glanced back at the castle as it faded into the distance, the stone building submerging into the snowy atmosphere.

i turned back, wrapping my arms around technos torso for security. he tightened his hold on me, resting his chin on top of my head. i smiled to myself, appreciating the warmth that surrounded me.

the rhythmic galloping of carl soon made me become drowsy, my eyes fluttered shut as i succumbed to the tiredness.

a/n- can you tell i enjoy writing scenes with techno the most?? also i have one request of you guys (not all of you do this but) could you please stop asking when the next chapter is out or telling me to update, im glad you enjoy the story so much but i work full time and im trying my best to get out well written content for you, thank you. vote n comment <33