Chapter 20 - I Want to Beat Up Your Nephew

A wisp of smoke arose.

Jin Ling felt his brain undergoing a massive wave of heat. He bit his lips while trying to think as fast as possible. His eyes fell onto the "porridge" which Xie Lian pushed towards him. Jin Ling was trying to find a way to avoid eating whatever was in front of him.

A bead of sweat slid down his forehead.

"You know," Xie Lian smiled. "If you don't want to, you don't have to eat."

Jin Ling's eyes lit up. He found a way out!

Before he could open his mouth, Luo Binghe proceeded to slam all his hope into smithereens. "Huh? It's only a bowl of porridge. It's not like it'll poison him or anything like that." The Demon Lord had already forgotten his first encounter with Xie Lian's cooking.

"Oh really?" Jin Ling arched an eyebrow. He tried to maintain his cool.

"Then, Sir Luo, would you like to have a bite first?" He pushed the bowl of "porridge" in Luo Binghe's direction, making sure that the Demon Lord would have an entire view of the violet goop.

Immediately, Luo Binghe stiffened.

Memories flooded his mind, and he lost control of his body. Abruptly, Luo Binghe grasped the edges of the table. His knuckles prominently melted into a bone-like white colour. Then, he flipped the table over. All Luo Binghe had in his mind was to get that abomination out of his sight!

The bowl was knocked onto the floor, with its "porridge" contents spilt across the wooden planks.

Surprisingly, the "porridge" contents began to corrode into the wood!

Hua Cheng's eyes flashed a dangerous light. However, he did nothing to stop the wood from dissolving under the "porridge" contents. Later on, when the content finally stopped corroding, a large hole was found drilled into the wooden floor.

Jin Ling, who just got a hole corroded into his floor, "..."

Xie Lian didn't know whether to laugh or cry. He speechlessly picked up the bowl, an expression of solemnity written over his face.

A hand enveloped his shoulder, bringing warmth.

Hua Cheng's face softened before his Gege, as he attempted to comfort his beloved with skin contact. Noticing his efforts, Xie Lian's face of somber had melted, like snow seeping into the roots of spring.

"Ahem." Shen Qingqiu noticed the hole in the floor. "How unfortunate. Perhaps you should get someone to reconstruct that... or just move to another room."

Jin Ling didn't say a word. If he'd drank that "porridge", his insides would've been melted into acid!

"...right." He managed to say that one word.

He turned to look at Luo Binghe. "Why did Sir Luo overturn the table?"

Portions of the "porridge" had accidentally stained the table, boring holes into the furniture as well. Seeing the results, Xie Lian felt even more guilty.

Luo Binghe shrugged. "Why do you care? I ended up saving your life."

In the background, Shen Qingqiu fanned himself endlessly. Indeed, the protagonist's halo was useful.

"Forget it." Jin Ling lost his temper. He overlooked the overturned table, and didn't even bother picking it up. Instead, Hua Cheng indifferently placed it back on its legs with one hand. He was rewarded with a soft smile from his Gege. Nothing seemed to matter to him when his Gege is in the picture.

"...where would you like to visit next?" Shen Qingqiu turned to Jin Ling, asking him.

"Let's go to the archery station." Jin Ling expressionlessly spoke. He stood up from his chair, then walked towards the door. The two couples ran after him, resembling puny servants chasing after their master. The mere image had made the two husbands cringe in pain.