Chapter 27

"Save me" I whisper yelled to my phone, glancing over my shoulder to see if anyone was entering my room.

Lexi groaned on the other end. "Let me sleep"

"It's eleven in the morning. Get out of bed and help me"

Lexi whined. "Just lock your door and stay in your room"

"No, if I stay here Ian won't interact with Emma. He already tried to lure me into his bedroom but I won't fall for that. He needs to fall in love with Emma ASAP. Now get your ass out of bed and meet me at the Prescott's in 30 minutes. Bring Brian too" Then I hung up.

I casted a cautious glance back at the door and tip toed my way there, slowly opening the door. I popped my head out, scanning my surrounding but no one was there.

Ian's door was closed, no sound coming from inside. He probably went back to sleeping after I ran out of his room like a chicken on fire, shouting the word NO at the top of my lungs.

Downstairs was quite too. No sign of Emma. And Emma was not my enemy at the moment so I have no reason to hide from her. So I slowly stepped out of my room and carefully closed the door behind me before scurrying downstairs.

Emma was seated on the couch, staring at the vast city below her. She heaved a sigh in discontent but I have no time to console her. I need to get out of here.

Carefully I plodded my way through living room and was about to reach the door when my foot collided with a plant pot. Pain shot through my fingers and I let out a low groan in agony.

Emma's head spun towards me and her eyes widened in alert. "Are you alright Hailey?" She asked in a not so quiet tone.

"Shh" I shushed her, keeping a finger on my lips. "I'm fine. I'm going somewhere. I'll be back in a few hours. Make lunch for Ian" Before she could pester me with anymore questions I waved her a goodbye and opened the door, quickly slipping through it.

I heaved a huge breath in relief as I closed the door behind me. I'm finally out of the red zone.

I took the elevator downstairs and waited outside the Prescott's for my friends. When I glimpsed Lexi's car approaching a wide smile broke in my face.

I ran towards them. "Mi amigos-"

"Going somewhere?"

I suddenly came to an abrupt halt and spun around to find Ian walking towards me, his hands tucked inside his pockets, a smirk curling in his lips. He had changed into black pants and a black leather jacket over a grey hoodie with white shoes.

"Damn" Lexi gasped next to me, her window rolled down. Both she and Brian were gaping at Ian and I wasn't surprised. They'd never seen him this casual and neither had I until days ago.

"Where are you going?" Ian asked as he reached me.

"S-s-shopping" I stuttered and stumbled a few steps back, blushing furiously as I remembered our last encounter.

Ian cocked a brow seeing my red face, a teasing smile playing on his lips. "I see" He nodded. "Then let's get going"

It took me a moment to comprehend his words. "W-what?"

"Didn't you say you're going shopping? Then let's go"

"B-but I....I-" I searched for words. "I shop for at least 6 hours" I said, emphasizing on the words 'at least'.

"It's alright" Ian shrugged. "I can endure 6 hours"

"Didn't you hear the word at least?"