18

In one day and about 2 more hours the deal was over.
The blood oath would fall and Alec was free to find his friends.
Jacob would come back tonight from his meeting with council.
Sam was still gone. Other wolfs didn't seem to know where he went. Some were even under the impression that he went with Jacob.
This was strange..

He had went to visit his mother that afternoon.
There old house was a small grey stoned one-floor house with some flowerpots near the front door.
His house had always been his safe space.
It was small but cozy.
It smelled like fresh flowers because his mother loved them.

His mother had been a little odd when he went to visit. She seemed nervous like she was worried someone saw him there, she pulled him inside and closed all the curtains.
'What wrong?' Alec had been more than a little worried. She shook her head.
Started with that she just kept having these really bad feelings. Like something was wrong. Like something was about to happen. A deep down wolfinstinct.
Alec could have played it off as rubbish. But he knew his mother better than that.

The only other time she had acted so funny was that summer over eight years ago.
When a couple of rouges had tried to come thru the borders.
His father was a border patrol and he was attacked.
Alec remembered his mother acting all funny and strange the entire morning. She kept saying something was wrong. That there was danger.
Alec didn't believe her back than. Until she fel to the floor and cried out in pain when her soulmate was ripped apart by a soulless beast.

Alec never doubted his mother again.
So if she said something was wrong than she was right.
'I don't know... but I don't think Sam is just gone.... he is in danger.. he is...' she shook her head like she didn't know how or what was going on.
But if his mother was so sure than why hadn't she just called upon the warriors... or contacted Finn or Jacob.
Instead she had not left her house. Nor came to see him...

She said it was because Jacob had told her to stay away.
'What do you mean?' Alec didn't understand. Jacob had been more than kind and had done well in proven he was trying to change.
Alecs wolf still hated him. But Alec liked to give people the benefit of the doubt.
'He said you didn't want me near. He said you wanted to focus on the mating bond. That we could meet once the deal was over and you where free from the warlock.'

'I am not imprisoned by Sil... you know that.' He whispered out.
His mother sunk in the couch with a deep sign.
'I know... I know you wrote me... but he kept saying that it was all a lie and that you were under some weird spell and he was gonna break it.'
Alec didn't know what to say..
Everything suddenly made no more sense.
Jacob had been playing him?

Or did he really think he was under some spell?

And what happened to Sam.... and Kit and James...

What the heck was going on!?

Whatever it was... Alec was not gonna take any changes.
He didn't know if he could trust anyone by now. So he told his mother to run.
She didn't want to leave him. But Alec worried that if there really was some weird thing gonna happen he didn't want her in the middle of it.

He couldn't leave because of the blood magic, but they also couldn't hurt him in any way or mark him. So he was perfectly save for the time being.
His mother had pretended to go to her aunts in the south.
But she was going somewhere else. They made sure not even Alec knew so that he couldn't tell anyone anything.

He promised he would call her on a new phone she had bought. The number was written in his memory after repeating it hundreds of times.
Just to be safe.
And now he could do nothing but prepare for the worst and wait until his so called mate returned.

There was something going on.
And wether Jacob had something to do with it or not he was gonna get answers for himself....

Yellow!
Another little chapter. We are almost at 700 reads (most likely because some people might be reading this story) so thank you all so much! Please command and vote!

Also I have started with my preparations for part two. Let's just say the main of that story'is not gonna be a sweet little innocent cinnamon roll.... 😌