Ch8 - Breaking the News

Li Zhao and Zhang Xiaoyuan spent the night looking through the brokerage companies. In the end, they found that most companies were full of empty promises. They didn’t care at all about Li Zhao’s future development. They just wanted to borrow his existing popularity and use his fans as a money-making machine.

If it wasn’t for Zhang Xiaoyuan seeing many artists get trapped after just entering the entertainment circle, they might’ve believed in these empty promises.

“There are many pitfalls in the terms of the contract so don’t rush to sign one.” Zhang Xiaoyuan opened the Green Pepper Video site. “Now there are six free episodes released and VIP members can watch an extra four episodes. The total is 10 episodes. In other words, there are 35 episodes left to be broadcasted. There is an average update rate of two to four episodes per week so you can maintain the current heat of the drama for at least two months. Let’s not panic. Maybe there will be a better choice later.”

“Okay.” Li Zhao nodded. “I will listen to Brother Xiaoyuan.”

Zhang Xiaoyuan laughed. “Are you not afraid that I’m pitting you?”

“I’m not afraid. You helped me when I was penniless and I can start over again.” Li Zhao laughed. “Then again, I believe that you won’t pit me.”

“You became popular this time and will encounter many things. Don’t worry about things you can’t control.” Zhang Xiaoyuan got up to open the refrigerator. He took out the leftover boxes that Li Zhao had brought back, opened the look and then looked angrily at Li Zhao. “Zhao Zhao, did you win the lottery?”

How could he takeaway such expensive food?!

“No, I met a friend after a few months and he invited me to eat.” Li Zhao poured the large bag of food onto a plate. “There are too many dishes. We couldn’t finish them so I packed them up and brought them back. These are untouched and you can eat them with ease.”

“I don’t want to give up eating. The two of us are in our poorest time and can even live on bread with pickets.” Zhang Xiaoyuan entered the kitchen to turn on the fire and heat up the dishes. “Your friend is very generous. He invited you to dinner and there are still so many dishes left over. It is bright and spacious!”

Li Zhao, “……”

He felt he had been physically attacked but there was no evidence.

The episode update of Overbearing Female President that the netizens were anticipating finally arrived. They excitedly clicked in and found that there was a problem with the content. In the entire two episodes, there were many shots of the second male lead. What about their lovely baby Zhao Zhao? Who wanted to see the second male lead holding a wine glass or sitting pretentiously in his car? They wanted to see the sweet love before the overbearing female and the dejected young man.

There were many emotional netizens who ran to the official Weibo of the Overbearing Female President crew. The official Weibo had to personally come out to explain that this was needed for the plot and released some trivia of Li Zhao filming in the crew.

In the video, Li Zhao was wet by the rain as he walked to his place over and over again. Later, a voiceover was added and it sounded particularly miserable. Just as everyone was feeling heartache, the camera suddenly accelerated and they saw Li Zhao bouncing out of the camera range, pick up the milk tea on the table and drink it with a smiling expression.

Fans felt their heart-wrenching tears disappear in an instant.

“My little baby was caught in the rain. It is such a heartbreaking beauty that it makes people feel sad.”