| 31 |

THERE are approximately 3 types of people that someone should worry about when they want to get close to someone you love or your crush. Draco learnt this the hard way, trust him. First are the parents, some are difficult to win over because they are either filled with worry or they just don't care. Parents were never a problem for Draco, he was always able to charm them over. The second are family relatives. Their grandparents, uncles, aunts, sisters or brothers. They pretend to be protective but really hold no power. Well... some do but mostly Draco didn't have a problem with them, since most of the women he fancied were close family friends.

The third one is the tricky one. The one who causes the most pain in the ass, but the ones who usually care the most. They can be ruthless little detectives. They could eat you up just to spit you in the end. It's the one Draco forever fears the most, but also the one he felt he needed to win over.

The best friend.

Ariendra's best friend was currently staring Draco down. He remembered her vividly. She liked to drag Ariendra around the castle, bringing her to the parties she clearly didn't want to go to. Ariendra was the more snarky one, challenging the Slytherins that like to ruffle up their feathers.

"You are not going anywhere with her." She told him, "I will bring her home."

Draco sighed, he glanced at Ariendra who was still sleeping soundly next to him, the grip on her hand tight. "You can't take care of her and your husband at the same time. How are you going to get them both home?"

She hesitated and looked at her friend, "I'll figure something out. I don't trust you yet, Malfoy." Her eyes squinted in scrutiny.

"Come on, Harrison." He forgot that her last name was now Flick.

Draco sounded irritated, "as much as you hate me, you know that you can't take care of both of them at the same time. I'm not letting you ignore her, she deserves to be cared for after all that she's been through."

"I do not ignore her!" She shouted. "And how do I know this is all not just some charity case? That you're being kind out of guilt?"

Draco had to keep his temper in check. "Look, you can test me and judge me all you want. I know you're being a bitch because you care about her. But I am just here to make sure she's alright. That's all I need. For her to be safe and okay."

She eyed him carefully, "I just had to be sure." She muttered. "I swear to God if you break her, Malfoy...."

"Trust me, breaking her breaks me too." He replied.

He took his aways away from her and focused back to Ariendra who was sleeping soundly. They told him that the sleeping medication would wear out soon. She had no injuries that needed her to be transported to another healing facility so she could go home, but would need someone to keep her company for at least 48 hours. Draco didn't intend on letting someone else do that.

He had a taste of what it's like to live in a life where he didn't know if she was alive or dead. It killed him inside that he could feel strongly for someone. All these things didn't come naturally to him. He was brought up in a family void of genuine affection or a sense of security. He was never mentally prepared to be affected by a single person.

It's funny how he wanted to die at the same time this year. Determined that life surely didn't always mean it's going to be worth living. Like magic, everything changes. Just by one person.

Draco tried to fight the feeling off, like hell he did.

Now he didn't want to fight it anymore.