Four✎

Note : I noticed a few comments requesting for a Kou x reader and i just can't help but cry as i plan for a spin off book(つд`) this book will not leave me alone until I'm done with it( ಠ ಠ )

Rest assure Kou simps I will make one eventually after I have school off my back(๑•̀ᴗ-)

Status : edited
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Saturday was a day that was reserved specially for a sleepover you and Sakiko would have to relax after a stressful week.

Unfortunately, Sakiko was occupied by a family matters and had to make a trip to the next town where her grandmother live at.

She had offered for you to come along with her but you politely denied it since it was concerning of her private life and you didn't want to intrude.

You spent and hour or so to convince the silver-haired girl that you are fine on your own and she doesn't need to worry over you so much.

Sakiko finally leave after you promised to spend your Sunday with her-- not that you mind since you were mostly free on weekends.

You were currently reading a book inside a café that you often frequented whenever you needed some alone time and to finish your assignments and workloads.

The atmosphere were calm and cozy as the smell of freshly brewed coffee linger in the air, a perfect place to relax.

The book in your hand was a gift from your best friend for your birthday, you felt bad when you found it sitting under the pile of books you forgotten to read due to your busy state.

"Welcome to Euphoria Café! What may you have for today?" A soft and calm voice that belongs to a waiter reaches your ear.

You averted your attention from the book and towards the waiter who is waiting patiently for you to order.

"Kou-kun..?" You said once you recognized the familiar strawberry blond male.

The said boy jolted from his calm posture and relaxes once he saw you.

"(Name)-chan! Ah- I didn't know it was you" He said after recovered from his initial shock earlier.

Nishioka Kou was your longtime best friend and also your neighbour. Although the two of you went to separate school, the two of you had a strong friendship along with Sakiko.

The boy is a sweetheart and are always looking out for your wellbeing. You still remembered how shy he was when the two of you first met.

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。FLASHBACK ⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。

You were making your way home sluggishly as you felt like you were about to drop dead and fell asleep on the floor.

It had been a very tiring day since you have been losing sleep to study for the upcoming exam, and it seems that luck was not on your side as you and your---at the time boyfriend, Shin had gotten into an argument over your busy and tight schedule.

Safe to say, you were not having the best day.

As if to rub the salt on your astinging wound, the gods above decided to literally dampen your already shitty mood by making it rain on the only time you forgot to bring an umbrella.

You walked through the street with a wet jacket on your head---in an attempt at shielding you from the rain and not get sick afterward. You were lost in your thoughts that you failed to notice a figure running towards you in a hurry.

The two of you bumped and fell, thankfully you recovered fast from the shock and scrambled to help the poor soul who were still on the ground.

You collect some of their stuff that had fell and lend your hand towards them once you were sure the papers are safe from the rain.

"I'm really sorry dude, I wasn't paying attention and didn't see you" You said.

The boy immediately panicked and apologize but you stopped him and instead pulled him under a shade from the rain.

"What's your name? if you're comfortable telling me that is" You asked to break the awkward silence.

"No it's fine! Uhm I'm Nishioka Kou, you might not know me but I'm your neighbour. I often sees you around here but I never really tried to talk to you since I don't want to bother you!" He said quietly.

Ah yes that awkward moment when the other person knows you and you didn't.

"Ahahah really? I'm the type of person who keep to themselves and was never really that outgoing but i'm always open to getting to know someone" you said after a few moments.

"I'm (Name) (Last/N), pleased to be acquainted with you Nishioka-san!" You extended a hand towards him for a handshake.

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。FLASHBACK END ⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。

You jokingly nicknamed him 'strawberry-kun' due to his strawberry-ish blond locks.

"I didn't know you worked here, strawberry-kun! you're suited for this job if I'm being honest" You complimented him and giving him a grin.

Kou returned the gesture with a shy smile and handed you the menu.

"Oh yeah, I would like to order (F/dessert) and (F/drink)" You ordered your choices after flipping through the menu.

"Would that be all?"

You gave him a nod as he made his way back to his coworkers, and although you couldn't hear clearly what they were saying, it was enough to embarrassed the boy.

"Oi Nishioka! I told you to take the orders and not mess around!"One of the barista said before the other added--

"Did you take her number too~?" They said in a teasing tone.

"T-that---" Kou tried to explain himself but failing miserably as he ended up passing out from the teasing he got from his fellow coworkers.

You couldn't help but chuckle at his cute behaviour and resumed reading your book while waiting for your order to be delivered.

Unbeknownst to you, a pair of emerald eyes was watching you from afar with a displeased expression on their face.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»