[11] Hours

Kelsey's POV

It's been hours since the fight with the alpha pack. Hours since Derek slipped through my hands, hours since he died. It's been hours and I still can't come to realization about this all.

I keep thinking if I close my eyes shut tightly, then all of this, all of what happened will go away. That I will wake up and it would've all been a terrible nightmare. But nothing happens. It's not a nightmare, it's reality.

Why is it that everyone around me, everyone that I love, either leaves me or dies.

First, my father leaves my mom, Scott and me. Without a single goodbye. I mean sure myself and Scott went to visit him a few times, but it wasn't the same.

Next Jackson, yes he was a complete jerk and had a face needed to be punched more or less all the time, but he was also friend I've grown up with. And I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I miss him and I want him to come back.

Then Matt, who sadly drowned after by being held underwater by Gerard. After that was my best friend and sister, Erica, and she died and I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. And now Derek. Who's fricken next? Anyone else I know wanna leave or die on my watch? Because I can't handle anymore deaths.

"Back to your seat!" Finstock yelled to one of the boys at the front of the bus. The lacrosse team and I are heading to some cross-country meeting or something, which is why we're all crammed in a little bus to god knows where.

"Stop thinking about it, man." Isaac said, sitting a few seats ahead of me. "Like, you're not thinking about it too?" Boyd replied.

"Well, stop thinking about it."

"I can't." Boyd snapped. I hope Boyd isn't going to do anything stupid. I know he wants the alpha pack to pay for Derek's death, and believe me I want to as well. But attacking Ethan on this crowded bus isn't the answer.

"Well, there's nothing you can do about it either."

"You sure about that?" It isn't just the alpha's fault for Derek's death, it's mine. I'm to blame for letting Derek fall, for letting him die. His blood is on my hands and there's nothing I can do about it. Derek was my alpha, my friend, my brother. And now he's just a lost soul who will be missed by everyone.

"Kelsey. Kelsey, are you okay?" Stiles asks.

"Huh? Oh, I'm fine, just a little tired." I reply. "Kelsey I know you're not fine, you haven't said a word for hours...maybe guessing what anachronism means might cheer you up?"

"Does it look like I want to be cheered up? Why don't you ask Scott, I'm sure he would love to guess meanings of words." I say a little to harshly to Stiles before he turns round to face Scott, who was currently leant on the window, zoned-out.

"Yo, Scotty. Hey, yo, Scotty? Still with me?" Stiles asks as he repeatedly nudges my brother out of his deep thoughts. "Yeah, sorry. Uh, what's the word?"

"Anachronism."

"Something that exists out of its normal time." Scott answers. Wow, he must've actually done much more reading over the summer than I thought. "Nice. Okay, next word...incongruous."

"Um, can you use it in a sentence?" My brother asks.

"Yes. Yes, I can. It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now, on our way to some stupid cross-country meet after what just happened, incongruous."

"Out of place, ridiculous, absurd."

"Perfect. Okay, next word. Um, Darach. Darach, it's a noun." Scott and I give Stiles a small glare. "We have to talk about it sometime, okay? And we're gonna be stuck in this thing for, like, five hours, so why not? Next word...intransigent."

"Stubborn, obstinate." I answer, only because I'm bored and there's nothing else to do on this darn bus.

Scott makes a small groaning sound, likes he's in pain. "Oh, buddy, you okay? We shouldn't have come. I knew it. We shouldn't have come."

"We had to. There's safety in numbers." I say, mimicking Scott's voice.

Stiles sighed. "Yeah, well, there's also death in numbers, okay? It's called a massacre...or bloodbath, carnage, slaughter, butchery, wow, that's...all right, Scott, I'm telling coach that..." Stiles continued, looking at Scott with worry.

"No. No, no, no. I'm all right." He's lying. I can tell he's in pain, something's not right. I know Deaton said an alpha scratch takes longer to heal, but how long is long? "Well, you don't look all right. Would you just let us see it?" I say, scooting closer to Stiles and Scott to get a better look.

"I'm okay." Scott lies again. "Just let us see it, okay?"

"Okay." Scott says, slightly lifting up his shirt, revealing...oh god! What in holy hell? Isn't it supposed to be halfway through the healing process by now?

"Oh, dude." Stiles gulps in disgust, before Scott pulls his shirt down. "I know it's bad, but it's because they're from an Alpha. It'll take longer to heal."

"Well I'm healed, and I'm pretty sure Boyd and Isaac are fine too." I tell Scott, but he ignores me, leaning his head on the window again. "I can't believe he's dead. I can't believe Derek's dead."

__________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone! I'm back...well, sort of.

It's been really hectic for me lately with all the coursework needing to be finished, and now there's this new project which is basically taking up all my free time because we're getting graded and I don't want to fail.

I know, I such. But when I'm not doing all that, I'm thinking of and writing ideas and chapter down, so I'm not completely blowing it off. So I apologize for the short chapter, my full attention will be on the next chapter, promise.

Happy 29th birthday to Kellin Quinn whose birthday was 24th April, and Daniel Sharman who turned 29 yesterday!!

So I've seen a lot of films in my existence, and I have so many favorites that they tend to change over time. But I have to say, Pitch Perfect is definitely my favorite film at the moment, and it's one of those films you can watch 4x a day. So, the question for this chapter...what are your favorite films you can watch more than once in a day?

Vote/comment/share/HORIZONTALRUNNING