A Chance

I returned to the bar, I felt worn out by all the crying. I was aware of the fact my eyes must be so red and puffy, but I didn't care.

Yoongi stepped closer and suddenly embraced me. He didn't say anything though, he just held me in his arms. It did give me that comfort, as the older brother that looked out for me.

Eventually he let go

     'sit, I'll make you a beer'

I nodded and sat on the barstool. I told him everything about what happened with Jungkook, how he visited how he asked for the money and eventually about the letter. Yoongi listened attentively.

      'I am really sorry y/n, but I am glad Jungkook is alright.'

      'I just wished I could talk to taehyung right now.' my eyes filled with tears again. I couldn't believe I was so much in need of his comfort and love.

       'I miss him so much.'

 Yoongi looked away, he seemed to be a bit annoyed but then he shook his head and looked back at me.

    'then try to call him' Yoongi pleaded

I let out a deep sigh as I stared at my message which Taehyung had seen but not answered.

Yoongi grabbed my phone and dialed the number.

      'hey' I exclaimed, but in a way I was grateful he had done that. I hadn't had the courage to do it myself and I suppose I felt thankful he did it for me.

I was hopefully waiting for Taehyung to pick up, not that I would have any idea what to say but in the end nobody picked up and my hope got squashed again.

Two weeks passed and Taehyung occupied my mind most of the time.

I missed him so much.

I thought often about going to his house, begging him to talk to me. and yet I also couldn't shake the feeling I had about what he did and what happened with my ex.

Perhaps I just needed to find a partner with a similar income, I mean money destroys a lot of relationships.

Yoongi during those two weeks would at all times try to cheer me up. Whether it was bringing me my favorite food or just staying a bit longer in the bar when my shift started. He really was a good and comforting friend. 

He had known me since I was young and even though we were never that close to each other, after my parents accident he was the one male person in my life that really stood up.

It was Saturday and I was at dad's. I sat down on the couch and he looked at me with worried eyes

You really don't look well y/n father typed

I tried to smile, not wanting to tell him about Taehyung. I was always careful in worrying father with my personal struggles, it wasn't that he wouldn't be there for me, it was the opposite.

       'I am fine' I eventually let out with my best produced fake smile

Don't lie to me

I was slightly taken aback by his directness

I sighed, because in the end, him calling me out like that did make me reluctant to produce another lie.

     'fine, me and Taehyung broke up so I am experiencing some bad feelings of heartbreak'

Why did you break up?

I looked away, I wasn't keen on telling him the truth about this particular reason but neither was I interested in lying again.

Look in the drawer the automated voice of his tablet said

I looked at him confused but his eyes turned to the little desk. I stood up with a deep sigh and walked towards it. inside was a letter, that was the only thing.

a letter addressed to me

Read it , the automated voice indicated .

I took a deep breath but already I had this heavy feeling in my stomach as I saw the first few lines. 

My little one,

I asked Hea to help me write this because if I need to type everything when you are with me it would take forever. I know you and Taehyung broke up, I had the feeling when you were here last week so I asked hea to call Yoongi and he confirmed it. I also think I know why.

Hea let it slip that someone paid for my bills. I remember I immediately felt this fear when she told me, because the timing was too obvious.

Taehyung paid for it. I felt fear because I was scared you would end things with him over it.

You were shining since you started seeing him and I was so happy you found someone that makes you happy.

I know that what happened with your ex left a scar but please do not let the action of one person make up your mind about that of others. Taehyung deserves a chance to show you that.

If this was not the reason you broke up then you can always talk to me about the real reason, but in case it is, my wish is that you go see him and talk to him about it. 

I wiped away my tears. It must have taken him so much time to produce this letter. The thing was that even before the accident he was the one that understood me.

Jungkook had a point when he said that I was daddy's little girl, we were that way since I was young and the fact father wrote this proved it yet again.

       'I will visit him tomorrow okay? and I will try to talk to him.' I reassured father

Promise me he typed as a response.

     'fine, I promise'

We walked around for a while in the park until at the end of the afternoon I went home again. In the bus I went over my thoughts, it was good to have talked to father about this, and in a way for the first time I felt a little bit like healing. He was right though; one bad experience with someone doesn't define the behavior of others. 

I exited the bus and walked towards my building, the letter of father in my pocket. He told me I should take it as a reminder that I promised him I would see Taehyung tomorrow.

I was back later than normally. I guess it was comforting to be at dads instead of being alone at home pining over Taehyung.

I was quite deep in thought and not really minding my surroundings that much until I was close by my apartment building. My heart made a little jump when I saw the familiar car parked. and as I approached my door I saw him standing next to it.

Taehyung