One hundred and six

"Okay, so, looking at the month of Rosie's biopsies, I think I'm good to send her back to England to finish this there with you. She's nowhere near remission, but we've gone from sixty percent to fifty two and that's something. She'll need a lung transplant at some point because the chemo is gonna knock them out eventually, but I can fly to you or you guys could fly here for that. Whatever you need," Erin told Katie two weeks later once they'd collected a months worth of Rosie's biopsies.

"That's amazing!" Katie smiled, hugging Erin carefully around Rueben in the baby carrier on her front.

"It is! You wanna give them the good news?" she said.

"You should do it," Katie said. "She would be dead by now without your help," she said.

"It's still a big possibility that she could die, Katie. I don't know what the long term effects of the drugs are, but I am confident that she'll be okay to go home and continue the treatment there," Erin said.

"I know, but she wouldn't have gone from absolutely dead to big possibility of death without you," Katie said.

"Thanks," Erin smiled. "Okay, let's go and tell them they can go home," Erin said.

"Good news, guys," Erin smiled, stepping into Rosie's room.

"You brought the baby!" Rosie gasped. Erin chuckled.

"Yeah, I thought you'd want to say goodbye before we discharge you," Erin said.

"Discharge?" Michelle stood up.

"You're sending us home?" Anderson said.

"Yeah," Erin smiled at them. "Based on Rosie's lab results, her levels are dropping enough for me to feel comfortable with Katie continuing this treatment at home with me consulting virtually. She will need a lung transplant in the future but, right now, she's alive and she's getting better," Erin said.

"Oh, thank you, Dr. Grey," Anderson cried, hugging Erin sideways so he didn't hurt Rueben. Erin smiled and squeezed his arm.

"Don't worry about it. Just stay in touch, okay? I want to hear all about when you go back to school, Rosie," Erin said, hugging Michelle before walking to hug Rosie.

"Thank you, Erin. Really," Rosie cried.

"It's okay, sweetie," Erin squeezed her hand. "It's okay. I'll have the nurse bring the discharge papers and she'll help you guys find a flight so you can all go home. I'd recommend wearing a mask for it, with Rosie's immune system still being compromised, but she should be good to fly," Erin said.

"Thank you," Katie said.

Erin waved goodbye and left their room, looking down at Rueben, sleeping against her chest.

"Okay. Let's go get your brother and visit mommy before we go home," Erin said to him quietly.

"How's maternity leave, Dr. Grey?" Dr. Herman smiled at Erin a few weeks later as she, Archie and Rueben waited for Arizona to finish her nighttime rounds.

"It's very different now Archie's at home, too. He starts pre-k in a few days, though, so I'll be coming back to do lab work while he's in," Erin said.

"That'll be good, get you back into the swing of things," she said.

"Yeah," Erin hummed.

"Mama, who's that?" Archie whispered.

"Archie, this is Dr. Herman. She's mommy's boss," Erin said.

"Really?" Archie said.

"Really," Dr. Herman smiled.